Go Bottom

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
deamtn
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-09-18          96799

I just received my TC45DA with a 16 LA FEL. The dealer installed a L-160 skidsteer bucket with a tooth bar on the unit due to correct bucket wasn't in in time. My question or concern it that the tractor seems very capable but I am very disappoint in the FEL. Tried moving some wet dirt today from a bank and with only a very small load in the bucket I tried to tilt the bucket back and the bucket wouldn't tilt back, then tried to lift the bucket with the same outcome. Finally I had to start backing out and only then could I tilt the bucket back. Without a load everything operates fine. I have checked the fluid levels and they were fine also. Know of course this is my first FEL. Can anyone make any suggestions as what the problem my be?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-18          96802

There have been some reports of pressure relief valves being set too low causing the hydraulic pressure to be out of spec. You might talk to your dealer about it. ....

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
denwood

2004-09-18          96803

It could be a problem with the hydraulic relief, but more likely it is just the way it is. Digging into a bank of wet dirt can be very hard to break out of, even for a stronger loader than yours. Try to start curling the bucket as you dig in, not after you have come to a stop. Rolling it back and raising it at the same time usually allows the dirt to be broken free more easily. once the bucket is full and you are free of the bank, there should be no problem rolling or lifting. If there is, you have a problem. ....

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
deamtn

2004-09-18          96806

I had heard through some other post about the relief valve. In another instance this afternoon I was trying to curl up a small rock with the tooth bar and had the same symptoms. The rock could have been easily pryed up with a cheeter bar. How do you go about checking the releif valve setting? Do you think the correct bucket would make a difference? ....

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
grassgod
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-19          96811

deam - For what it's worth...are ya sure your pulling the laoder Joystick all the way towards you? The first couple of days I got my new tractor I though the curling was kinda weak, then I realized I wasnt pulling the joystick over far enough. On my old deere the joystick didnt have as much movement range in the joystick which is what I was used to. as I started to pull the joystick in farthur, the loader was unstoppable & amazingly stong. ....

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
TomG

2004-09-19          96817

If relief valve squeal can be head when the loader stalls then it is giving you all it's going to. As mentioned, making sure the valves are opened fully and running at pro rpm will help. The curl or the lift on most loaders can lift the front wheels of most tractors. If it doesn't I'd sure check the relief pressure. Some loaders won't go low enough to lift the wheels if the bucket is flat.

I wouldn't expect the bucket to make much difference unless it were considerably larger than standard. The length of the scarifiers will take a bit of power from the curl and the curl up is weaker then the dump circuit. Maybe it's normal, which would be too bad, but we all learn to get the job done with what we have.

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
oneace

2004-09-19          96830

The Ls 160 bucket is larger than the factory 16la bucket. But you may have a relief valve problem some of them are set a bit too low. It will only take your dealer about 10mins to diog. and fix it if it is the problem. ....

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
deamtn

2004-09-22          97026

I have spoken to my Dealer on my loader problems and they gave me a couple of things to check out this weekend when I'm back to the mountians. First he said to check the quick connects on the loader to insure that they are hooked up properly, stated they could look ok and operate under no load ok but if not totally connected proper this could cause my situation. If that was not the problem check the valve setting under the right side bottom of the tractor to see that it was set at the 10 a clock position. Thanks for everyones input.

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
oneace

2004-09-22          97058

The first thing he told you was not really true. With the style couplers used on these tractors they are either coupled or not no in between. The second nay be the cause but not likely. That is only a diverter and has nothing to do with the pressure going to the loader just flow. If that was not in the correct position your loader would creep or barley move. I have to say it but I believe he was blowing smoke.

Private message me and I will give you the cure to your problem. ....

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
deamtn

2004-09-23          97124

I just noticed today the front bucket leaks down after sitting. After noticing this I lifted the lift to see it would also leaked down but it seem not to. Is this normal? ....

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
TomG

2004-09-24          97130

Most hydraulics leak-down some, and it's not much of a problem unless it's enough to become an aggravation during operation. It sounds like an empty bucket uncurls overnight. It could be a problem but it might result from the larger bucket plus tooth bar. It might also be within normal manufacturing tolerances. It's a good question for your dealer. ....

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-09-26          97232

You stated it has a skid loader bucket on it and I would assume the quick-attach mounting plate is different than the stock. If the assembly, including the tooth bar is any heavier than the stock bucket assembly then you have to factor that extra weight into or from what it was rated for. Also skid loader buckets tend to be longer heeled which decreases breakout force as the leverage has increased. Add to that the added leverage of the teeth which decreases break-out force. ....

16 LA fel help

View my Photos
NewHolland45

2011-05-27          178654

I currently own a TC45D. I would like to put a 16 la loader on it. I am having a hard time finding a price. Does anybody have a clue what it would cost for a 16 la loader and installation. I live in washington, PA ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login