Go Bottom

what type of tractor is best

View my Photos
kuckuk
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-03-18          108243

Hi
I need help with buying a 25HP 4WD tractor. I have about $12,000. I need to get the most for my $.I have 22 acres. Mostly flat and in need to maintaining.I have a lot of fencing to put up.and tree trunks to pull out. I almost bought the NORTRAC today with front end loader, 47"tiller and post hole digger. ( all for about$12,000)I lived in Okinawa, Japan for the last 3 years in the garden district. all they use there is YANMAR. I was sold on buying a yanmar but I am worried about the ( grey market/parts etc) can anyone steer me in the right direction. I dont want to buy new and find out it's junk. Thanks! Susan

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-18          108250

John Deere 790, 100% Yanmar tractor. Pretty much bullet proof and well proven design. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-18          108258

I believe the John Deere 2210, 4010, 4110, 4115, 790 and 990 are all made by Yanmar in Japan. ....

View my Photos
dsg

2005-03-19          108322

Susan, for used Non-gray market tractors made by Yanmar you should be looking at the JD 955, 870,970 & 1070 all in that hp and higher. The 55 series are Hydrostatic transmissions and the 70 series are gear. Go to the link below for more info on the different machines.

David ....

Link:   Tractor Tips

View my Photos
chipuren

2005-03-20          108417

You might check out a KIOTI CK25, you can get a full featured 25 HP 4wd tractor (bare) for less than the figure you mention. suspension seat, tilt sterring, up to the minute style, quick release lift arms, crank style leveling, folding rops, all standard. Two year full warranty, OH and synchro shuttle shift to boot.
Another choice might be a FArmtrac (long) 270DTC, again a shuttle shift with Daedong (KIOTI) engine. 3 year powertrain warranty.
You can get good service out of a JInma (including Nortrac) tractors, they are not as nice to run as a synchro shuttle tractor, but will save you money for equipment and attachments so may be more useful in the end. I sell the brands I mention here as well as the Farm Pro/Jinma line. If I thought I wouldn't use a tractor over 50 to 100 hours a year, didn't mind making an occasional repair from time to time and if my budget was tight, I would probably lean toward the Chinese tractor. Parts support is good and there is a strong informal owner group offering on line support for users, 24-7 as well.
Local dealer would be a big plus if you have on on any brand of tractor you consider.

There are many excellent choices in compact tractors today, in a variety of colors!

View my Photos
JDDoug

2005-04-11          109693

All the JD's, 2210, 790, 990, 4X10s are made in Georgia, but they use Yanmar engines. However, I don't think that $12K will buy the tractor that you need (790). Unless you are willing to finance. JD has 0% APR for at least 2 years. ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2005-04-11          109694

To my knowledge DRankin is correct.
The 2210, 790 and 990 are made by Yanmar in Japan. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login