Go Bottom

Mahindra tractor review

View my Photos
KosseTX
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-11-04          118923

Hi Folks, Anything new to say about these tractors? They seem to be built really well, heavy, and have good lift capacities. Are they worth the money? I'm looking at a 3525 with a front loader, 2WD, for 13,000. Thanks in advance.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Mahindra tractor review

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-04          118924

I can't speak to the Mahindra brand, but it's advisable to get 4WD on machines with loaders. With 2WD when you dig into a pile and lift it will tend to unload the rear wheels, thus reducing traction. ....

Mahindra tractor review

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-11-04          118936

The local dealer is a Case-IH, NH and Kubota. He likes the larger series which are the old IH tractors. He has has mixed success with the smaller tractors. I think you can get a slightly smaller tractor 4x4 such as the NH TC-30 or the Kioti 3054 for about the same money. ....

Mahindra tractor review

View my Photos
KosseTX

2005-11-05          118950

Thanks for the replys. They lead to another question though. The 35HP Mahandra is listed at 4300+ lbs. Do you still think 4WD is nessessary with that much weight? That is unusually heavy for a compact tractor. Thanks ....

Mahindra tractor review

View my Photos
Peters

2005-11-05          118957

If you are loading you transfer a lot of weight to the front end. You need a large weight box to compensate. All this does is add weight.

The 3 pt hitch under plowing or tilling load tranfers the weight to the front end. If they are driven you are always better off. ....

Mahindra tractor review

View my Photos
ribchord

2006-09-28          135539

i dont know about the 3525, but with the 4500 2wd you dont need anything on the back to do loader work not even in compact clay. i have run into a couple situations where 4wd would be handy but the work i was trying to do should have been done by a doser. if your like me and dont have the extra money for 4wd, 95% of the time you wont need it and if you get stuck the loader will get you out. 4wd is better but if you dont have the money dont be afraid to buy a 2wd mahindra, they are great with fel. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login