Go Bottom

Mahindra buying advice and reviews

View my Photos
circlediron
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2014-01-26          188759

Am considering purchasing a new Mahindra tractor. Would like yo hear comment considering the Mahindra. Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-05          188841

Not many around here. Only knowledge I have is friend who was expecting to be dealer for them has one and speaks well of it. Mostly used for mowing. He backed off of dealership due to what they wanted him to buy to place on yard is my understanding. That is also when the economy went down. That market is still down here. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2014-02-20          189076

A solid company that makes rugged machinery. But all a tractor is good for is a place to sit and maybe to show off on your driveway. OK, maybe to tow something.

The work is done by the attachments, so focus less on the tractor and more on what you'll put on it. How good, how easy to install/remove, how much when part of a total package. (What if you want a mid-mount mower and none is available? What if you decide to install a FEL and find it's one-third the cost of the whole tractor?)

The next issue is service. You won't get replacement parts at the local TSC store -- you'll be a captive of the dealer. (Less so if you get a service manual with it and know how to follow its directions.) Every machine will need service. What if it won't start? It may be under warranty but how will it get together with the mechanic?

Of course, try one out. If you're a big guy, you may learn that in other countries the operators are half your size.
Then lool ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login