Go Bottom

McCormick GX50

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-18          69037

I am looking for power in a small package to replace my 955 and MF65. To this end I am considering the new Kubota Grand L 5030. Another option would be the McCormick GX50. There is a dealer fairly near but does not have the small compacts in stock only the larger field tractors.
Has anyone looked closely at these tractors? What are they like? Are they price competative? Does anyone know if they are a McCormick or a badge engineered Lamborghini etc.? As they have a Yanmar engine it is tough to tell.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

McCormick GX50

View my Photos
chipperman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-22          69368

Peters
As I understand it all of the McCormick compacts are Landini's. Landini owns McCormick and has an agreemant with Vermeer to market them.
Chipperman ....

McCormick GX50

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-28          69879

Thanks Chip;
I agree they certainly look like they are Landini. I am not sure as to the reliability of these machines so? ....

McCormick GX50

View my Photos
Chief

2003-11-28          69881

Eric, I would be inclined to stick with the more proven track record of Kubota. Don't really know that much about the McCormick GX50. The GX50 looks like a nice tractor and the Yanmar 4TNE88-ELAN is a big plus. Hydro is standard. A heads up comparison would be VERY interesting to see. You may have already seen this info.; is so disreguard. ....

Link:   GX Series Specs.

McCormick GX50

View my Photos
Peters

2003-11-28          69903

Chief;
About the only thing I have seen to date is the specs. The specs on the Landini Mistral 50 look the same so I definately think Chipperman is correct.
It would provide the hp tractor I need with a hydro. I need to try the power shift on the Kubota though.
I am not sure how the Landini stack up, but did see a post that looked like the price maybe high.
Peters ....

McCormick GX50

View my Photos
harvey

2003-11-29          69910

We just had a dealer open in Niles, just south of Auburn, NY. They have scads of little Red tractors and a whole lot of vermeer stuff and some others.

So the parent companies explains the diverse lines of equipment there.

Go Top

Share This

Member Login