Go Bottom

SAME Italy Tractor

View my Photos
limpincoyote
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-28          87131

Does anyone have information on the Italian-made SAME tractor line. Just saw them today, had never heard of them before. Engines are air/oil cooled, and they are available in several sizes, including the 60-65 PTO HP range that I'm looking for. Sure would appreciate any information on them.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

SAME Italy Tractor

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-29          87142

Yes, I've heard of the SAME brand tractor off and on for quite a while. I can't recall ever seeing one, so that's about all I know about them is I've heard of them. Frank. ....

SAME Italy Tractor

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-29          87146

We sold quiet a few back in the late seventies and early eighties. They had four wheel drive then when many american tractor companies didn't offer any. There design was an excellent one and well perfected as they started mass producing them in 1950. They run economically and are of a unique design and very well thought out. When we worked with them they only had two bores and used the same bearings on the crank through there whole engine line up just adding more cylinders for more horsepower. Air cooled engines have been found to have good longeveity as long as properly maintained although they are not noted for being of high torque ratings. The customers today complain of there parts prices compared to other brands but that is a whole story in itself as to the european market of tractors. ....

SAME Italy Tractor

View my Photos
lucerne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-02          87565

Limpin, look at Antonio Carraro, the more you look and read the more you will be amazed and like. Articulated, hydraulic diff lock front and rear,reversable cockpit in a few seconds, big horse Detroit diesels,large wheels front and rear, so stable they will slide sideways before they will roll. I want one bad!!!!!!http://www.antoniocarraro.net/GB/default.asp ....

Link:   

Click Here

SAME Italy Tractor

View my Photos
Murf

2004-06-03          87612

The Italians, like the Japanese, think of what we call a CUT as a full-sized farm tractor, this is because what we would call a nice size building lot is a farm to them.

The Same, Carraro, Ferrari, Lamborghini, and a few other manufacturers make fairly decent stuff. As Art mentioned they have some very revolutionary designs. They are very popular here but usually just in ares where vineyards and the like are common.

These machines are also designed to work on terrain where most of us would never even think of going with a CUT. They do it effortlessly. The DOT here bought a few of them equipped with mower decks a few years back for cutting the grass on the more sloped sections of the highway medians. What Lucerne mentioned is true, the machines where only limited by their tires ability to bite in and hold. I saw a crew working and the guys picking up the trash could barely walk on the hillside and the machine was just flying back & forth below them.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login