Go Bottom

COVERED HOOP STYLE GARAGE BARN

View my Photos
ejkessler
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-13          66163

I have been looking for a covered hoop style garage/ barn and have been considereing a 26'x28' 2 car style from a company called clearspan. Everything included w/ delivery, tax and accessories is close to 2400.00. It comes with a 12oz. poly/style material w/ Galvanized supports. I feel it may be high on the price. Anyone have any experience or ideas on the subject.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
F350Lawman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-13          66168

I don't know what options you got or how much the delivery was but this sounds like what you're talking about for about $1400 dollars. CHeck out the link.

I too have been thinking about such a structure for use as additional horse run-in sheds. ....

Link:   2 car garage $1396

View my Photos
ejkessler
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-14          66170

I saw that very ad, a couple of months ago. The garage is exactly the one I am talking about, same manu., but is 28' instead of 24' long and 12oz. and 10oz. cover material. That dealer when you go to there home page no loger is in business. He gives a whole rundown as to why. Unless I am reading things wrong. Here is the company I have been talking with for about a week know, trying to iron out the details and pricing http://www.patiostore.com/coolshade/clear_garage.html

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-14          66190

Check "Costco.com" also. Their prices include shipping. ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-14          66194

This is what I went with. Works very well for covering my Sea Ray up. You need to consider the roof pitch to handle snow loads if applicable. Mine is a 20' x 30' with the medium roof pitch which is about 30 degrees? The tarps will last for about 3 to 5 years if you get the good ones. Less for the cheaper tarps. Go with the 1 5/8" tube and fittings, they are much stronger, I used the 1 3/8" which has done fine with support/guide ropes but wish I had gone with the 1 5/8". You just order the fittings, tarps, and bungees. Then your order the pipe which is standard fense pipe rail from a local fence dealer. You can buy it at Lowes but the fense dealer gave me a MUCH better price since he buys in bulk. All the pipe pieces are cut into the same length, I went with 10' lengths but you can use what works for you. I had to make special lengths for when I repairs the roof from a freak snow storm this year when I went to a steeper pitch. I originally had a 10 degree pitch which give the most protection from sun and elements but is not very strong. Get at least the 30 degree pitch and I would suggest the 60 degree would be the most trouble free in a heavy snow environment (use the fitting with the center poles supports). I had about $800 in cost not counting my labor digging the holes to cement the pipe in. Canopy Masters were good folks to deal with and there products have held up very well. ....

Link:   Canopy Masters

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2003-10-14          66208

How do these structures do in the wind?? ....

View my Photos
Chief

2003-10-14          66212

Mike, if you are asking about mine. It does very well in the wind provided you use the guide/support ropes. Mine has been up since July of 1999 and stood up through winds over 60 mph. The snow did the flat canopy roof in though. I replaced it with the 30 degree roof and center support poles. I also meant to add that I use the El Cheapo tarps from Harbor Frieght when they have them on sale for $29. They are not a long lasting as the canopy grade tarps but way cheaper. The tarps will eventually tear around the tied down buttons after a time but this can be minimized if you don't set the bungees so tight. The big benefit of using this type of tarp system is that you can very cheaply replace the tarps & bungees where as the other type hoop canopy tarps are custom made and pretty pricey. ....

View my Photos
Blueman

2003-10-14          66224

If you are ever looking at something a little larger, one of my cousins is the US distributor for something called Super Structures. The smallest one they sell is 30'x40', and the DIY price is about $3600. Their fabric has a lot less problems with condensation than most. Call 888.267.3821, ask for Jason or Bill, and tell them Sean told you to call. Sorry, no web pictures yet. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login