Go Bottom

Need help with tiller question

View my Photos
Scaper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-07          1530

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the King Kutter line of tillers. I need to know about durability ease of obtaining parts and local dealers. If anyone can help I would be most grateful. It seems to be a heavy built piece of equipment, it has gear drive. No side shift though (to bad). Thanks, Scaper

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos

1999-03-07          1537

Scraper:I have been looking at the king kutter tiller also. The weight is 690# for the TG-60-Y which is the 60" tiller. You mentioned the value built tiller is built by Befco. The weight on the value built 58" tiller is 358#. The Befco 58" tiller is 451#. I don't know if that is good or bad. The price for the king kutter here is $1,099.00. I was told that fleet farm also runs them on sale. The warranty is one year on both units. Name brand units are $800 to $1000 more. I to would be intrested if someone has used either units. Good luck!Al ....

View my Photos
Scaper

1999-03-07          1538

Al, Thanks for the reply. Yes the Befco T40 58" tiller weighs more then the Till Rite. The Befco T40 is a new design with cross bracing front and rear to help with side to side front to back wrap up when in use. The CT farm and country unit is the same as last years model. Still a very good unit, chain drive with idlers to keep tension on the drive train (gear sets). Where are you getting the prices from on the King Kutter tiller, you mentioned one source and I have never heard of them please expand on the info for this outlet. I was impressed when I heard about the gear drive and heavy castings on the King Kutter I wish it had side shift though. Thats one thing about the Befco I liked side shifts to cover the rear right hand tracks if needed. The Till Rite tiller only has a 3 month warrenty on it. The main Befco T series has a one year warrenty like the King Kutter. Hope to hesr from you again and Thanks Scaper. ....

View my Photos
Scaper

1999-03-07          1539

Al, Thanks for the reply. Yes the Befco T40 58" tiller weighs more then the Till Rite. The Befco T40 is a new design with cross bracing front and rear to help with side to side front to back wrap up when in use. The CT farm and country unit is the same as last years model. Still a very good unit, chain drive with idlers to keep tension on the drive train (gear sets). Where are you getting the prices from on the King Kutter tiller, you mentioned one source and I have never heard of them please expand on the info for this outlet. I was impressed when I heard about the gear drive and heavy castings on the King Kutter I wish it had side shift though. Thats one thing about the Befco I liked side shifts to cover the rear right hand tracks if needed. The Till Rite tiller only has a 3 month warrenty on it. The main Befco T series has a one year warrenty like the King Kutter. Hope to hesr from you again and Thanks Scaper. ....

View my Photos

1999-03-08          1588

I don't know how far you are from Wisconsin, but there are Mill's Fleet Farm stores all over the central part of the state. Let me know if you want phone # to any of them. They just built a huge store in Stevens Point,Wisconsin. They carry alot of farm items clothes,sporting goods,building materials, ect.Normally there prices are very competive.Al ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login