Go Bottom

Tiller For BX2350

View my Photos
ajp2927
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-03-11          169128

looking at woods tiller GTC 40 Woods tiller $1595.00 (foward tines...Reverse tines are 1950.00)good deal?
is there that much of a difference in Reverse compared to forward. Should I spend the extra money?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tiller For BX2350

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-03-11          169131

Depends.

You know that if you're guiding the tiller by hand, you need a forward so the tines not only dig but help propel. With a tractor-mount you can use either, but if the soil is tough and you want to go deep in one pass, for the same reason the reverse takes more power.

If there's lots of rocks, the reverse may throw them ahead into the tilling path where you keep hitting them, whereas the forward tends to toss them behind.

Finally, a forward can occasionally push the tractor; a reverse can slow it. Some operators feel uncomfortable with the former but don't mind the latter.

Why the extra cost? Reverse tines push harder (they add the ground speed instead of subtracting it), which could be meaningful in a powerful puller that's going fast, so the moving components may be built heavier.

Not a big deal either way. Most purchasers aren't even aware they have this option. ....

Tiller For BX2350

View my Photos
ClodBuster
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-04-23          170238

I really do not mean to hijack this thread but I would like to know what the benefit is to each of the tiller rotation designs. Does one till better? Does one break up heavy clumps better? Inquiring minds need to know ;-) ....

Tiller For BX2350

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-04-26          170323

The easiest way to say it is the reverse tine rotation is like making two trips across! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login