Go Bottom

Got New 3PH Tiller or Toy Today

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-01-17          191884

They delivered a 6ft. countyline tiller today. Got a heck of a deal. I calledTSC and was quoted $1850.00 out the door. I got this from McNair out of southern Kentucky brand new still crated for $1200.00 delivered. All smiles today! Now the wife say's she needs a gator. The price of toys!!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
toolate
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-01-18          191886

I guess now the neighbors will understand why you have been outside with a blow torch trying to thaw out the ground so you can put your new toys to work asap :-) ....

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-01-18          191888

Your right grounds frozen solid! I put it together today and filled the gear boxes and greased the bearings and shafts. I waited for it to warm up a little before starting and it took longer than expected - ran out of daylight to hook up and run it. That will be another day. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-01-31          191980

Had another surprise, Rural King had a 12% off sale on everything in the store. My wife told me I ought get the 3pt log splitter. I didn't hesitate, hook the trailer up and off I went before she changed her mind! ....

View my Photos
toolate
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-02-01          191982

Looks like you are on a winning streak....what is next ? :-) ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-02-01          191985

Well I'm running out of room in the barn! I'm going to have to quit buying stuff or add on. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-02-08          192041

I hooked the tiller up yesterday and sized the pto shaft. I had to cut 5" off both pieces. I kept the end guards but left the shaft tubes off. I want to be able to see the shafts. The tiller runs great! My wife would't let me till the yard up, I guess I'll have to wait untill I take out to the farm. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-04-24          192645

My neighbor came over and asked if I could till up an area where he had taken some old pines out. I jumped at the chance to try it out!!! ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-04-24          192646

My neighbor came over and asked if I could till up an area where he had taken some old pines out. I jumped at the chance to try it out!!! ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-04-24          192647

Play Time!!! ....

Picture Link

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2015-04-26          192656

Is your neighbor starting a garden or redoing the lawn? ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2015-04-26          192657

He had pulled a couple of pine tree stumps a couple years ago and where the roots had rotted and stumps were removed left the ground ruff. It was beating him up mowing it with his rider, so I got a chance to try the new tiller out. I made just one pass in granny low. Were on clay and it looked pretty good. I waited about 3 hrs figuring I'd let it dry and went back over to hit it again and he'd already seeded it. He was satisfied with one pass. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-03-28          194821

yocsr the title you had caught my attention today as it was the picture of the day when I signed on. Can easy tell you the difference if you wish to know: is it tax deductible? If yes then a tool (in this case a tiller) if not a toy. Now that you are using it for hire (neighbor) it probably will be a tool. lol ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2016-03-29          194840

I've got the equipment for me to use but help neighbors when they need it. This particular neighbor always has trees for me to cut for firewood. I'll get to use the tiller this year. I just bought 1800 ft. of water line to put in out at the lake. It's reclaim (lots of rock) so I'll be using the backhoe attachment. I will have a lot of sand hauled in for a sand bed. Will use the tiller to smooth it out afterwards. My wife calls the equipment toys. I'm putting in a couple of frost free yard hydrants and came across what I thought was a good idea so I bought. www.yard hydrant made easy ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-03-30          194857

This can be a dangerous suggestion so use wisely. Get your wife on the tractor and teach her how to run it and then it will be a tool but it is up to you on how to reclaim the seat. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2016-04-02          194878

My wife laughed and said "you know I'm just teasing you". There isn't much she can't do. She was on tractors as a kid helping relation farm. She had one instance where she was conditioning the soil after plowing in a remote field and a pack of wild dogs were nipping at the tractor. She said that was a scary ordeal. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-04-03          194885

My wife grew up on farm and is big help and supporter. The Lord sure gave me the RIGHT one! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login