Go Bottom

Put Tiller to Work this Weekend

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-07-18          195494

Went to the property and had a mess. It had rained over 4" in short period. The water built up on the back side of dirt ridge were I'd trenched water line and broke thru in three large areas. It washed the drive out and shoved a lot of rock in the neighbors grass field. Spent Friday night and half of Saturday shoveling up rock (is an area not tractor accessible) to fix it. We don't normally have a problem in this area so I decided I'd better get to work on it. I put the tiller on and tilled a 1000' several passes down the middle and then ran down each edge to taper out. It's reclaim so had go back thru and pick out all the rock. I got it all seeded yesterday. The tiller really did a good job. It started raining again this morning, hoping for slow rain.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-07-20          195526

Is the repair holding up well? Easy to tell you are proud of the job, good for you. Now if you want to really feel good I need some fel work done. lol just a little far for a favor I know. ....

View my Photos
yocsr1

2016-07-21          195531

I won't know until I go to the property this weekend. We had a couple of pretty good down pours so it'll be a crap shoot as to whether I'll be happy or sad. If you were closer I'd be more than happy to help out. I used all my time off for the year digging the water line. Before I got the Foton with the fel I used the scoop on the Jubilee. I did a lot of work with the scoop. Our property is about 20 miles from where we live. My wife's mom is 90 and my folks are in there late 80's so we have to stay close to them to help out. Eventually we hope to retire and move to the property. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-07-22          195541

You are blessed to have your parents and mother in law. It can be a strain but treat them with respect and love as it seems you are doing for you shall miss them. Experience speaking. My mother in law is our last parent and I miss each one who has passed. My wife and will time to time talk about how things have changed and how we have worked to improve the family land, both sides, and wonder how pleased they would be if they could see it now. Put a lot of work, time and money into doing so and thankful for every little bit. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login