Go Bottom

tilling leveling

View my Photos
Chris
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-11-07          21294

I'm looking for something to supplement my rotary tiller. Does anyone know if a roller/leveler attachment is available for tillers to help smooth out the dirt?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

tilling leveling

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-11-07          21303

I don't know of any attachments for a tiller itself. A lot of people will follow a tiller with chain harrows for finishing a large area, such as a market garden. We (in the course of building golf courses) use a pulverizer after tilling to level, finish and prep. for seeding or sodding. If your going to buy one, IMHO, don't bother to get the second roller, it isn't necessary and makes reverse work difficult. Best of luck. ....

tilling leveling

View my Photos
Jim Youtz
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-11-10          21375

I don't quite follow this question. My tiller and every tiller I've seen have a heavy rear plate which may be left in the down position during tilling. When left in the down position, the soil is pulverized very fine and the heavy gate then drags over the tilled soil, leaving a very smooth level path behind. If yours doen't have one, then look at some that do and try to modify your tiller accordingly. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login