Go Bottom

Tillers

View my Photos
Frank R Taylor
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-01-09          23233

I'd like to thank everyone for their help and recommendations from last year when I posted asking for advice on the purchase of a tiller for my B2400. I took delivery last week of a Kuhn EL32/130, 50" tiller and so far I love it. This is a lot easier than fighting with that 25 year old Troybilt. I turned over last years garden in about 15 minutes. Since then I've made the first pass on approximately another acre. The only problems I can forsee is being able to afford all the seed for the larger garden and running out of ground to turn over. Still, I do have a 10 acre pasture that could use some renovation. I wonder how well it'll work on steep hills? has anyone done any contract tilling and is there a market for it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tillers

View my Photos
Todd

2001-01-19          23527

We had somebody turn over our garden here in VT twice a year for a couple of years. The Garden is about 60'x120', and Wayne went over it twice. He only charged us $45-50 and a beer, so I can't tell you you're going to earn back your tiller any time soon.
I bought a Del Morino 54" tiller last year. It's a tank, tills to 7". I figure it'll pay for itself in only 10-12 years. Still, I love having it, and can turn over the garden more often. Now we don't weed, we just till between the rows. The ultimate lazy man's weed wacker. ....

Tillers

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2001-01-19          23530

I've tilled gardens for 4 or 5 other people, but there's no market for it in my area. Nearly anyone who has a garden also has a tractor and/or a walk behind tiller. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login