Go Bottom

Gearmore E48 Tiller

View my Photos
BCM
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-04-02          26213

Will the Kubota B21 be able to handle this tiller. The tiller in question is a new Gearmore E48, it's a very heavy duty unit weighing 600 pounds, gear driven (no roller chain), 48" tilling width, 36 tines and slip clutch. Kubota's specifications say the 3-point hitch can lift 907 lbs at 24" behind lift point but their operators manual only recommends a tiller of 400 lbs. max. My local Kubota dealer says the little B21 can handle it with no problems and is selling it for about the same price that a local farm store is selling a 48" KingKutter unit. Can the little B21 handle this 600 pound tiller? Anyone have any experience with this tiller?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Gearmore E48 Tiller

View my Photos
BCM

2001-04-20          27027

FYI Yes the mighty B21 can do it and has. The bottom line is the B21 three point hitch is rated at 1014 lbs. at 24" behind lift points. As to why Kubota's operator's manual only recommends 400 lbs max no one seems to know. Not even a guy at Kubota's western office in Stockton knew the true reason. The only reason I can come up with is that Kubota is being conservative, they want the customer to be happy with the tractor and what is attached. The 600 pound tiller is no problem for the 3 pt. to handle. As a side note the B21's backhoe weight is 892 lbs so the 600 lbs of the tiller is a better at keeping the tractors weight balanced without the use of extra ballast.

Just in case you are wondering about the tiller, it dose a supper job. With 6 tines per flange it's fast as tillers go and that 600 lbs. means very little or no bounce. Plus it looks bullet proof and you have to love the gears, no roller chain to break.

Gearmore E48 Tiller

View my Photos
JonB

2001-04-22          27068

If I've read the B21 specs right, it is roughly equivalent to the JD 4100. My JD 3ph handles a Gearmore flail mower/shredder at 650 lbs, without problem. Although Gearmore says 17 PTO Hp is required, my 16 HP rated PTO seems to do just fine. JonB ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login