Go Bottom

help to ID a tiller and pto shaft questions

View my Photos
John Hall
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-09-07          31667

Hello, i purchased a used 48" tiller and i am trying to ID it. it has a set of outbound wheels on the rear and a steering wheel looking depth adjustment device. never having had a tiller before i would like to try to get a manual for it. hence the id. the seller had no idea what brand it is. I do have a picture but am unsure how to upload it for forum use. if you can maybe id the tiller let me know and ill send you the pic. it is clean and has been scanned and i will verify permission to send it. about the pto shaft i have a 855 JD hydro which i want to protect as much as possible. what kind of pto shaft do i buy for tiller use?? i know how to measure the expanded and compressed dimensions but am unsure of what type shaft i need to use. I need help with this. Sincerethanks to all who might can help. John

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

help to ID a tiller and pto shaft questions

View my Photos
Brent Pepper
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-09-10          31726

It sounds like you have one of the grey market type tillers that came from Japan on the back of a Yanmar or other brand Japanese tractor. The outboard wheels and steering wheel type adjuster give it away. There is nothing wrong with these tillers but there are some modifications you might have to do to make it work. First off those tillers don't use a normal toplink on the 3 point hitch and if you try to use one, the tiller will probably rub your back tires. I usually extend the lower lift pins on the tiller 6 inches forward so that a regular toplink can be used. E-mail me at tractors4u@hotmail.com and I will send you some pictures of my modifications.

Brent ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login