Go Bottom

Tiller less ten 48 quot

View my Photos
Looking for A Tiller
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-03-31          36926

I am looking for a tiller for a Kubota BX 2200, less then 48 inches, no more then 375lbs and less then $1000. Have looked at Caroni and Simca, but have found few dealers who sell them. Has anyone had any luck??

Thanks

Tom from NJ

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tiller less ten 48 quot

View my Photos
TomG

2002-04-01          36938

An alternative might be a 40" Farm King (350 lbs. shipping weight). http://www.buhler.com/sitefiles/index1.htm

I don't know the track width on a BX, but you'd sure want a tiller that would cover the tracks.

Tiller less ten 48 quot

View my Photos
JimTN

2002-04-01          36946

Tom G. is usually correct. BX literature "Tread (Turf) 41.5 inches. Overall track will likely be 8 to 10 inches more. My understanding is that "tread" is measured from center to center of tires. Tom G., Bird, Senter or other authority correct me if I am wrong.

I have a new BEFCO flail mower that seems well built and operates great. I have only used it a few hours, so cannot attest to durability etc. BEFCO has "Till Rite" tillers from 34" working width, 297 pounds; also 42"/341 pounds, 50"/374 pounds, and larger.

Contact them for any questions about their products and see their products on their web site.

Best of luck and post your decision & results.
JimTN ....

Link:   BEFCO, Inc.

Tiller less ten 48 quot

View my Photos
JimTN

2002-04-01          36947

Sorry, I had a "senior moment". Forgot to mention that BEFCO tillers have 'side-shift feature to cover one wheel track if the tiller is not wide enough to cover both wheel tracks.

The company is located in Rocky Mount, NC. ....

Tiller less ten 48 quot

View my Photos
MarkS

2002-04-01          36951

Landpride has an RTA 1034 and a model rta 1042 and a rta 1542. I think they are all under your weight limit. the 1034 and 1042 are light duty versions in 34" and 42". the 1542 is a medium duty in a 42" width. I currently own a RTA 1558 and so far its been great, have had it for 4 yrs and it has never broken. use it to till 2 +/- acres every spring and fall. ....

Tiller less ten 48 quot

View my Photos
JimTN

2002-04-01          36970

I have not bought a tiller yet, but have the latest Land Pride catalog. The weights are:
RTA1034 - 304 lbs.
RTA1042 - 330 lbs.
RTA1050 - 363 lbs.
RTA1542 - 386 lbs.
From Land Pride catalog: RTA 10 Series 17 - 25 HP; RTA 15 Series 17 - 35 HP. It is not stated, but my GUESS is these are PTO HP.
Hope this helps ....

Link:   Land Pride

Tiller less ten 48 quot

View my Photos
TomG

2002-04-02          36978

I guess I did notice that the Farm King tiller has a side shift feature when I checked their site. I don't know if side shift is close to a universal feature on tillers or not. Myself, I use a walk-behind, so my side shift is whether I walk with 0, 1 or 2 feet on the tilled earth. The zero foot side-shift is a little awkward though.

Most implement HP recommendations are in PTO HP. Differences in TX, tires, weight etc. make other HP measures less comparable among tractors.

Tiller less ten 48 quot

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-04-02          36985

Koiti sells tha Simca tiller I believe in orange. The 48" tiller should be purchased at that price or slightly higher. I think the weight may be more like 400 lb. ....

Tiller less ten 48 quot

View my Photos
Found a Tiller

2002-04-16          37519

Just an update...
I decided after mush looking around to go with First Choice/ Sicma Tiller. It is 48 inches and weights in at about 375 lbs. Got it from Sweet Farm Equipment, http://www.sweettractors.com , for $999 plus $79 for shipping. This is a brand new tiller shipped ready to go. All I had to do was cut the PTO. Used the tiller tonight, WOW what a nice job! The soil has no lumps just nice fine soil. Compared to my Troy Built walk behind tiller, and my old Ingersoll tiller, it was a lot easier and the finished product was just great. Did the garden in 30 minutes, 8 rows 4 feet wide by 60 feet long . Ken from Sweet Tractor was great to work with, answered all my questions via e-mail and phone. Walked me through the process of cutting the PTO shaft ( first time for me). Was a very positive experience. The trucker had a lift gate on the truck and was easy to get off. If I had to do it again I would definitely go with what I purchased.

Regards

Tom

Tiller less ten 48 quot

View my Photos
videorov

2003-01-30          48440

How do you do rasied beds with a tiller?????????
So you have a ditch between them?

Go Top

Share This

Member Login