Go Bottom

is this a Yanmar tiller

View my Photos
RebelYell
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-08          54536

Hi all. I have read alot in this forum and I although I could not find the answer by reading, I am sure there is someone who will know the answer to my question.

I bought this tiller used from an individual. There are no markings I can read except the model number (RSC1501). The rest is all oriental writing. It operates good, but the tines are really badly worn and need to be replaced. The problem is, I cannot seem to find replacement tines. A tractor and implement dealer locally had tines that would almost work. The pin hole was slightly smaller on the only tine he had in stock. He said by the model number, it was most likely a Yanmar.
I have pics of the tiller and a tine I removed. I am supplying a link to a photo gallery where the pics can be viewed. Anyone who is familiar with tillers please view the photos and let me know where I can purchase replacement tines, cheaply please. (If I could have used the ones the local dealer had, they were still $11 each. My tiller has 32 tines! That's alot of $!)
Thanks all! I hope I supply the links properly. Click on the thumbnails to view the fullsize pic.

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

is this a Yanmar tiller

View my Photos
yonahforge

2003-06-20          58062

Rebelyell,
That looks like my Yanmar tiller (I have a RSC1300). I bought the tiller from Tullahoma Tractor in Tullahoma, TN. Mine was missing one tine, and they had spares. You might contact them at 931-455-6999. Another option is to look on ebay - from time to time, but a set of tines are $$$. ....

Link:   

Click Here

is this a Yanmar tiller

View my Photos
RebelYell

2003-06-27          58438

Thanks for the lead! I'll check it out. ....

is this a Yanmar tiller

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2003-06-29          58515

www.cleancutter.com has them for about $7 a tine. Many guys that sell Yanmars carry them as well, normally around $200 for a complete new set. Occasionally they are on ebay, as previousl;y mentioned, for around $150-$200. The 15 part of the model number stand for 1500mm width. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login