Go Bottom

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
delvinmuglas
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-08          54542

I've recently purchased a new Bx-22 and LOVE it! Now I'm ready to find the right tiller to go behind it. The dealer tells me a 60 inch isn't too big and he is recommending a Landpride 50 inch. Does anyone have any idea how big is too big? I don't want to stress the tractor too much.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-12          54712

The types of soil you have makes the most difference. Kubota recommends a 42 as max. I've sold 38" to the 42" with these tractors with good results. If you have clay stay away from the 50" definitly! ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2003-05-12          54761

A new CCM Gear drive 42" tiller is $850 ....

Link:   Gear Drive tiller Headquarters

Picture Link

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
homedad5acre

2003-05-12          54767

I got kubota's B40C tiller for my BX22 and I love it! My soil is clayish with lots of stone(virgin soil). I take it slow and when I hit a rock I lift it, turn around and put the loader to work. It goes though my garden(previously tilled) like butter and perfectly prepares the soil in one pass, and in these areas a larger unit wouldn't hurt. But for me the "40" is more manageable in the virgin areas. It's your call. Good luck! ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
homedad5acre

2003-05-13          54822

Oh and just to let you know I paid $1533.for my B40C tiller. ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
GAKubotaFan

2003-05-22          55346

I had a 44" First Choice with my BX2200. I wouldn't want any more tiller. Several times I would bog it down. The Georgia clay is very hard at times. ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
Infringed

2009-08-17          165018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironpeddler | view 54761
A new CCM Gear drive 42" tiller is $850

I got taken for a ride when I bought a CCM tiller. No doubt the tiller is well made but the one I had would not (by design) till deeper than 2 inchs. the frame bottomed out. just a crappy design. When I attempted to contact mr carter he told me to drop dead. I ended up giving it away. Bought a king kutter and never looked back. ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-08-17          165022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infringed | view 165018
I got taken for a ride when I bought a CCM tiller. No doubt the tiller is well made but the one I had would not (by design) till deeper than 2 inchs. the frame bottomed out. just a crappy design. When I attempted to contact mr carter he told me to drop dead. I ended up giving it away. Bought a king kutter and never looked back.

That is sad. Who is Mr. Carter?

Do realize this thread is about 6 years old. If you will look at the date right above where your name is it shows the dates posted. That does not take away from your experience and hopefully your story will protect someone else. KT OH, welcome to TP. Keep sharing. ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2009-08-17          165028

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infringed | view 165018
I got taken for a ride when I bought a CCM tiller. No doubt the tiller is well made but the one I had would not (by design) till deeper than 2 inchs. the frame bottomed out. just a crappy design. When I attempted to contact mr carter he told me to drop dead. I ended up giving it away. Bought a king kutter and never looked back.
[/b] I find the validity of your charges somewhat lacking. The price of a MR110 was $850 back in 2003 and now you are spreading your dissatisfaction 6 years later. Have you ever thought some must be wrong maybe not set up correct?. I can guarantee you that your PTO shaft was too long restricting the tiller from full penetration into the soil. There are hundreds of that model tiller working today. Why is it this is the only complaint we have ever herd like this? I will guarantee you, that if you offered that tiller for sale on tractorpoint.com, you would have gotten at least what you paid for it. The current price for the MR110 42" tiller is $1,800. ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
Infringed

2009-08-17          165045

sounds kinda like the rubbish the seller tried to feed me when I expressed that the tiller was a piece of crap. One excuse after another. I could take the skids off and the tines didn't extend more than 2 inch's below the tiller body and I really didn't want to drag the drain plug on the gear box thru the dirt to maybe get 2-1/2 inch's of till depth. the tiller was designed poorly, period...and it came with ZERO customer service... DROP DEAD was the return policy.
No sir, PTO shaft was fine. Tiller was designed inferior. tines didn't extend down more than 2 inches from the bottom of the tiller frame. (frame dictated depth) it was impossible for the tiller to till any deeper. I bought it from carter and carter up in Tennessee from a guy named mark carter, (if my memory serves me correctly) There was no customer service and no attempt to make it right. I wasted $1200.00
I posted pics on tractor bynet proving the flawed design but since that site endorsed the CCM brand they deleted my pics. Oh well, you screw folks and it comes back to bite you. I'm not saying they are all like that but mine certainly was. Hopefully no one else gets taken like I did.

I would of never sold that flawed tiller to anyone else. I got taken for a ride but that does not mean I'm gonna do someone else the same way. that's why I gave it away. I could not of sold that tiller in good conscience.
Now on the King Kutter tiller that replaced the CCM I get 6 inch's of tilth opposed to the 2-1/2 inch's of tilth from the CCM. the skids that came with the CCM didn't even work on the tiller, I had to modify them to fit. I cant remember the exact rubbish I got from carter and carter when I mentioned that to them. ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2009-08-17          165048

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infringed | view 165045
sounds kinda like the rubbish the seller tried to feed me when I expressed that the tiller was a piece of crap. One excuse after another. I could take the skids off and the tines didn't extend more than 2 inch's below the tiller body and I really didn't want to drag the drain plug on the gear box thru the dirt to maybe get 2-1/2 inch's of till depth. the tiller was designed poorly, period...and it came with ZERO customer service... DROP DEAD was the return policy. No sir, PTO shaft was fine. Tiller was designed inferior. tines didn't extend down more than 2 inches from the bottom of the tiller frame. (frame dictated depth) it was impossible for the tiller to till any deeper. I bought it from carter and carter up in Tennessee from a guy named mark carter, (if my memory serves me correctly) There was no customer service and no attempt to make it right. I wasted $1200.00I posted pics on tractor bynet proving the flawed design but since that site endorsed the CCM brand they deleted my pics. Oh well, you screw folks and it comes back to bite you. I'm not saying they are all like that but mine certainly was. Hopefully no one else gets taken like I did. I would of never sold that flawed tiller to anyone else. I got taken for a ride but that does not mean I'm gonna do someone else the same way. that's why I gave it away. I could not of sold that tiller in good conscience. Now on the King Kutter tiller that replaced the CCM I get 6 inch's of tilth opposed to the 2-1/2 inch's of tilth from the CCM. the skids that came with the CCM didn't even work on the tiller, I had to modify them to fit. I cant remember the exact rubbish I got from carter and carter when I mentioned that to them.
I have to laugh seeing you have made 3 posts and nothing but unsubstantiated claims. There are thousands of those tillers running and you are the only person to ever make such a claim. You seem to want to trash Carter & Carter Machinery and Mark Carter but you are gutless to hide behind some alias an make these claims. Let us see what your name is so you can get your 15 minutes of fame. ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
Infringed

2009-08-18          165057

Likewise. Come out from behind your name and lets see who you are. I am merely a customer who got screwed and is sharing that encounter. I hope this helps to prevent anyone else from getting screwed. Perhaps Carter and Carter should of considered possible ramifications when they refused to acknowledge a customers concerns instead of telling them to drop dead. that's all...

I didn't trash carter and carter. carter and carter trashed carter and carter by refusing to give a damn about a customers concerns. carter and carter isn't above reproach. they simply didn't provide customer service for the inferior tiller they sent me. I tried to handle the problem over the phone in a diplomatic fashion but they refused to reciprocate.
the nerve of me to express dissatisfaction, I should of just loved the inferior tiller I received that came with ZERO customer service. I should of embraced the fact that I was mulct out of $1200.00 and I should keep my dissatisfaction to myself I suppose. nothing gets under my skin more than a business taking advantage of me as a patron then refusing to make it right. A barrage of excuses is not a warranty. PTO to long, PTO to short, have your wife sit on the tiller, you're not holding you're tongue right, its your soils fault,etc.....
I'm no abecedarian in the tiller department, I've had 8 various PTO tillers and have never encountered a problem like I did with the CCM. there may be satisfied CCM owners out there and that's good, But I was not among them and I am sharing that encounter. I will not deny that the tillers are constructed well but the fact that mine (by design) was limited to 2-1/2 maybe 3 inch's max on a good day of till depth is not satisfactory. every other tiller I've ever owned would give me at least 6 to 7 inch's of tilth to plant in. some folks may prefer 2-1/2 inchs of tilth to plant in but I did not. It is important for future customers of the CCM brand to know that I am not claiming that all CCM tillers have this problem, I am stating that mine did have a defect and a poor design that limited its performance to be less than satisfactory. that was brought to the distributors attention to no avail. some folks might get by with 2-1/2 inchs of tilth, I could not. ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2009-08-19          165098

Carter & Carter Machinery has thousands of satisfied customers on many different products. We do everything possible to satisfy our customers. Just search the net and you will see many of their posts validating our customer service. I just find it hard to believe you gave away a good tiller and then start trashing us many years after you owned the tiller. When I bring up the time factor you cook up some Oliver Stone fantasy that there is collusion against you. I answer you with scripture. "A double-minded man is unstable in all his ways" James 1:8
You know your name so keep hiding behind you alias. Carter & Carter Machinery's customer service record stands on it's merit and we do not need a customer like you.
Mark Carter

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
Infringed

2009-08-20          165125

I'm certain that you provide the finest level of customer service, I was simply the exception to that rule. where was the customer service when I called you?? I tried to post my complaints on tractor BYNET back when this happened but the moderators snatched down my picture proof as soon as I put it up. And stop it with the biblical gesticulation, GOD knows what you did and you will have to answer for it someday hypocrite. and I didnt give away a "good" tiller, I gave away an inferior piece of equipment that I could not in good conscience take money for. if that CCM tiller would of just tilled deeper than 2-1/2 inch's and came with customer service It would of been a good tiller. in my case the warranty covered everything but my complete satisfaction.

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
Ironpeddler

2009-08-21          165150

My God knows your name but you continue to blast away namelessly hiding away in the hills of GA. You can only hide from the truth so long and you will be exposed. "... be sure your sin will find you out" Numbers 32:23 ....

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
kthompson

2009-08-21          165153

Ironpeddler and Infringed probably each of you are a good person but upset here and maybe rightly so. Surly each of you rather find solution than what is going on here.

Some of the comments would make we walk around the product if buying. No, I don't think I know either of you and as I posted earlier not a tractor tiller user or owner.

Tiller for BX-22

View my Photos
BruceNeagle

2011-05-25          178621

I am not hiding behind my Name, It is Bruce Neagle and I purchased a CCM and it is nothing now but junk iron.

Started 3 weeks ago trying to get parts got nothing but promises. Asked to be called back in case of problems getting parts togather and not once did my phone ring.

Now 2 days before we need it still nothing.
worst service I have ever received from any company.

We will be shopping for a new 8 foot commercial tiller.
Any other suggestions would be appreciated. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login