Go Bottom

Yanmar RS125 share pin

View my Photos
Tony Mac Crutchfield
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-23          72043

Have a 29 tine Yanmar RS125 tiller. Does this unit use a share pin and if so where is it? and how do i replace it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Yanmar RS125 share pin

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-12-24          72070

I don't know the tiller but it almost certainly would have one or more and it'd be good to locate them. I have two types myself. The snowblower depends on one in the PTO shaft. It is on the tractor end of the shaft--a small bolt that goes through the flange and is parallel to the. My post hole auger has its own pin, which is a 5/16th-grade 2 bolt that goes through the output flange of the gearbox and auger shaft.

A unit could have a pin either or both places. If they need to be replaced the grade of the bolt should be known. Most often they are ordinary grade-2 hardware bolts but occasionally harder bolts are used. It's important to not use a harder bolt than is speced by the manufacturer. A softer one may break during normal operation. If the tiller is used and the pin maya have been replaced or there's a possibility the pto shaft came from a different place than the tiller it's important to know that an appropriate pin is somewhere in the drive train. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login