Go Bottom

JD 450 Tiller lost oil plug

View my Photos
Mitchb
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-28          89562

The oil plug on my JD 450 has been lost. It's located on the leading edge of the chain case about halfway up. My dealer doesn't show this part at all, and I looked on the Deere parts web site - not shown there either. Does anyone know the part number for this plug or what I could use to replace it with?
Thanks for any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-06-29          89612

I'm not familiar with that tiller. You mention it is about half way up the chain case. That sounds like a filler plug or oil overflow. If it had a square head on it, it was a pipe plug usually a 3/8 or 1/2 pipe. Your dealer should have them or your local hardware. If the head was round and had two posts coming out for hand tightening with a nylon washer underneath your JD dealer should have been able to find something as well The kind that is brass with a hex head are also quite common. If you go to your local hardware that sells lawn equipment, they should be able to cross something over. Best would be to take the tiller with you. ....

View my Photos
Mitchb

2004-06-30          89762

Right, it's a filler plug. The parts manual shows a V-belt drive but I have a chain in mine. There must be some variations to this model. On my next trip to the dealer I'll bring the serial number and see if that helps. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login