Go Bottom

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
deerdog
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-01-08          150030

I have a Shibaura SL1603 i am trying to get running
But I am having no luck finding a copy of the owners manual and or repair manual
I can sure use some help

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-14          150217

There aren't English manuals for your model, but I can supply manuals for the closest domestic model. ....

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
deerdog

2008-01-16          150272

How close would this manual be especially the engine part.
And how do i get the manual or a copy ? ....

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-01-16          150273

It isvery similiar. It is the same engine series. Email me for pricing at parts at sheaftractor.net ....

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
deerdog

2008-01-19          150451

i am having trouble with e-mail would it be possible for us to get in contact over the phone ....

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2008-01-19          150460

815-284-3226 ....

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
87Vetter

2009-05-14          162737

I have a Shibaura SL1603. The controls beside the power lift joystick are labled in Japanese.Is there any way to find out how to operate these controls? I was told they control the depth of the tiller.Any info would be greatly appreciated. ....

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
Paratrooper

2009-05-26          162965

I also have a SL1603 and have had fits getting info . The books claim this model comes with a K723 engine . This indicates that it is a 72MMX72MM (bore and stroke) with 3 cylinders . I looked at the block and mine says 713 . Small difference but significant if I need to change pistons or rings . What engine do you fellas have ?
Also how strong are your front hubs ? Mine has bearings inside and out . The hub had spacers wrapped around the bearings so it would fit better . When they slipped out I noticed that the bearings would wobble . I had to build up the bearing space with a type of JB weld .If I turn too sharply they would lay over and wear more . It still works but requires attention moreso than it should . My front end loader is Stallion brand . It is severly oversized for this tractor .Half a scoop is more than enough . It looks like a Viet Nam rebuild . ....

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
lsheaffer

2009-06-15          163435

A SL1603 has a K713 engine. K713 indficates it is a 71mm bore, but does not indicate stroke dimension. ....

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
Paratrooper

2009-06-15          163460

The only info I have is from the book you sold me . The 1210 Ford which is "supposed" to be the same machine has the 723 engine . They are specific about all the other engines as far as the bore being the same as the stroke . If you are sure that the bore is 71 do you know the stroke ? Could this be some kind of experimental engine ? It is my understanding that they sold tractors to Ford/New Holland and the 1603 was the Ford 1210 . Everything that I have found in the books are exactly the same EXCEPT for the engine . I would appreciate any help you could give me in this matter . ....

Shibaura Help

View my Photos
auerbach

2009-06-17          163476

Vetter: take photos of the labels to a Japanese restaurant, where I'm sure someone will translate for you. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login