Go Bottom

Rear Hydralics

View my Photos
davedogfish
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-01-19          159606

Does any one know how I can get a manaul for my Shibura SD 1843? The other day the hydralics just stopped working. You can take both arms and lift them up and they fall down. Am out of luck? This tractor runs great and the front loader works like brand new. It sounds like some thing broke when I drive it.
Help.
I need my tractor!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Rear Hydralics

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-19          159621

You say "Rear Hydraulics"--do you mean the 3-pt hitch lift system hydraulics?

If you have or mean rear hydraulics as in rear hydraulic remotes (RR), check that the the control lever for the RR is not actuated or stuck. Mine New Holland which is basically a Shib. will not allow the 3-pt to raise if the RR control lever is moved from center or neutral

Is it anything like a Ford 1843?

Did it break WHILE you were driving or does it make noise NOW when you drive?

If recall correctly any 3-pt hitch can have the arms raised manually. Usually, the arms use a center pivot concealed under the seat/axle area inside the trans area that rests in the center of the 3-pt lifting hydraulic cylinder. Now, if the 3-pt control lever is actuated and you know that hydraulically it works, then the 3-pt lifting cylinder could have a blown seal or as the old Fordsons used to get--a hole in the piston. ....

Rear Hydralics

View my Photos
davedogfish

2009-01-20          159629

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthwrks | view 159621
You say "Rear Hydraulics"--do you mean the 3-pt hitch lift system hydraulics?If you have or mean rear hydraulics as in rear hydraulic remotes (RR), check that the the control lever for the RR is not actuated or stuck. Mine New Holland which is basically a Shib. will not allow the 3-pt to raise if the RR control lever is moved from center or neutralIs it anything like a Ford 1843? Did it break WHILE you were driving or does it make noise NOW when you drive?If recall correctly any 3-pt hitch can have the arms raised manually. Usually, the arms use a center pivot concealed under the seat/axle area inside the trans area that rests in the center of the 3-pt lifting hydraulic cylinder. Now, if the 3-pt control lever is actuated and you know that hydraulically it works, then the 3-pt lifting cylinder could have a blown seal or as the old Fordsons used to get--a hole in the piston.
Yes it's the 3 point hitch. The noise I get is when I'm driving it. Every thing was working just fine. Then I noticed the noise and the box blade was up. I shut the tractor down and my son lowered the box blade and that's were it sits. I tried differnt things like more oil and checked all the fuses. Then I tried the PTO shift and found it would go into every gear but 4th. It was like there was no 4th gear. It just would grind and never engage. Can you give me any help with this?
Thanks to everyone.
Dave ....

Rear Hydralics

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-01-20          159644

I'm not familiar with your machine, but it sounds like a transmission issue.

BUT the point issue could be as simple as a pin fell out of the lever linkage.

Or it could be two separate issues. I'd check all the external things first before tearing everything apart.

And do yourself and your wallet a HUGE favor and BUY a service a manual BEFORE starting anything on your own.

Rear Hydralics

View my Photos
davedogfish

2009-01-20          159645

How do I find a manual? I've been looking and looking and I can't find one. The outfit I bought the tractor from says it's a 1995 model. Would a New Holland manual for say a 21hp model be close to what I have?
Dave ....

Rear Hydralics

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-01-20          159648

Don't have any idea--I'd call, or better yet, stop into a New Holland dealer and speak to the service mangler...err... manager and pick his brain. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login