Go Bottom

Hydraulics

View my Photos
jgromer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-11-13          181185

I have a SD2803 and my three point lift will not stay up. The fluid resovoir is full and the system does not leak. The front end loader will stay where placed but the rear lift with the blade will slowly go down. I have removed the lift handle and device that presses the plunger on the control but the lift still slowly goes down. I am fairly handy, can anyone tell me what is wrong and if it is something someone will good mechanical skills can repair, and if parts are needed, where to find them.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulics

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-11-14          181196

Seals don't last forever but it helps if you used the right fluid and changed it and any filters as specified.

At this stage you can troubleshoot, dismantle, replace parts, assemble. Or there's usually a stop-valve in the system which you close to keep the hitch from lowering without any strain on it. It's designed for prolonged parking with a heavy implement that you don't want sinking, or for service work, but there's no reason you can't use it on the fly when you find it. ....

Hydraulics

View my Photos
jgromer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-11-14          181203

Thank you. Tractor does not get much use and the fluid looks clear. I will search manual for shut off and try changing seals if I can find them. There are several dealers between me and my office. Thanks again. I will try to remember to post a note to let you know what I find. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login