Go Bottom

Shibaura SD2843T Hydraulic Filter location

View my Photos
thumbfingers
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-24          94325

Can someone tell me where the hydraulic filter is located?
For my Shibaura SD2843T 4/wd.
Thanks Larry

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-24          94391

should be back behind one of the rear wheels under the step plate. ....

View my Photos
thumbfingers

2004-08-25          94403

Oneace:
Would it be on the side under the step plate? And would I be looking for a screw on type filter or would this be a screen type? I'm not sure what type it has!
Thanks for your help!

Thumbfingers ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-08-25          94460

should be a spin on type. If not look for a canister shaped thing with a large plug. May be horizontal or vertical. ....

View my Photos
jljames

2004-08-31          95045

I have a SD 2803 T and mine does not have a transmission filter. There is a screen that can be cleaned (I think). A good resource for you is Buck at www.efcconstruction.com. He is very knowledgeable and has a great website. Check him out--Jesse ....

View my Photos
Shibaura2843

2013-06-02          187161

I know its been a few years, but Larry, if you found the filter on your 2843, can you share that information? I'm in a similar situation. I have a Ford shop manual for the same model transmission, but it only gives general information and states that the filter should be changed every 300 hours. I have come to the conclusion that it must be an internal screen type filter and not a canister. However, its location eludes me. My problem is that my 3 point upper control arms won't lower. Regardless of the direction I push the lever (after overnight bleeding) the attached implement shoots straight up and stays there. From what I've gathered in these forums, it could be a clogged filter. I would love to locate it and clean it. ....

View my Photos
mcartsetc

2013-06-02          187164

From what I have found there is no hyd filter on these tractors. my SD1643 has always kept the fluid clean as can be.( No need for a filter ) I just change it ever 100 hours. The hyd reservoir runs the tranny, rear end ,and the hyd system. The rear lift arms are also run by electronics. On my SD1643 I had to change the rear lift arms electrical system to up/down buttons witch work great , but I have always had slow bleed down...meaning, it wont stay up. but slowly drifts down after putting it up. ... so I just stick a wood 4x4 under the arm while I'm not using it. it sets on the hitch holding the Gannon up. It sounds like your venting a bit of frustration with your lift arms. what I would do is check the electrical to the lift arms....that is what I have found runs it up&dowm not the hyd system...the hyd it seems to control the speed it goes up or down. I know I need a seal in the hyd lift arm system on mine. But I am to laze to mess with it for now. That round handle just under the seat controls the up&down speed of the lift arms hyd system. These are some bad ass tractors for sure. Mine is like a bulldozer ...but still a small yard tractor as well ....I have driven lots of different tractor but these are by far the most powerful out of any small tractors.....Its worth fixing it.

Thank you
Mike

View my Photos
Shibaura2843

2013-06-02          187169

Thanks Mike, but actually today I took the main hydraulic line apart and traced it up to the left side of the engine where the SD2843T has two pumps and an internal screen filter. It is very hard to take the filter out, but I managed to get it done. It turned out to be relatively clean. I took metal shavings off the magnets that line and blew it out, but their was no sediment or dirt. Still don't know why my rear arms won't come down. Even without any fluid they are stuck and I still have the brush hog attached. If someone can tell me how to post a picture with this response, It will show the pumps and filter housing. ....

View my Photos
Shibaura2843

2013-06-02          187171

OK, if you click on my Pics to the left, I placed a photo of the hydraulic pump and filter location. ....

Picture Link

View my Photos
mcartsetc

2013-06-03          187183

That's great you found the filter...mine looks like a pain in the a** to take apart....so I am leaving it alone.
Did you find the electric connecters that go to the lift
arm system under the seat ? If you use a test light to see
if you have power on the down side connector while the lever is in the down position that could be the problem.
( But stay clear of that brush hog while working on that electrical ) I think there are some type of solenoids
at the lift arms connectors that activates the up & down position. It may be as simple as switch those connectors one to the other...because the up one is working it sounds like....I don't know if you have the same system as mine.
Let me know what you find.

thank you
Mike ....

View my Photos
Shibaura2843

2013-06-03          187199

Yeah Mike, electrical investigation is next. I have a few blocks under the brush hog. It has to be electrical. However, one thing I notice is that under pressure when I push the lever in the down position, the needle on my hydraulic guage shoots up like its under enormous pressure and my engine feels the pull. This would indicate that signal is getting to the pump. I also thought there might be a clog in the return line somewhere in the back. Either way, the tractor is completely drained of hydraulic fluid now so time to look at other possibilities. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login