Go Bottom

John Deere 25HP snow plowing

View my Photos
kleinchris
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-06-09          142820

After using a 30 HP HST JD at work, I am thinking that a similar tractor would do great plowing snow. (No clutch to burn up.) Does anybody do this? I am thinking about a 23- 28 HP with a blade just wider (angled) than the wheel base.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-09          142824

I use a Deere 4115 (24 HP/HST) and a front blade for snow removal.

The tractor is 1700 pounds base weight and does well with a 54-60 inch blade. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-06-10          142829

I don't want to a be a wet blanket here buuuut it's not always cut-and-dry if it will work. (I do [did] commercial snow plowing with trucks) Factors to consider: 4 wheel drive, ground/pavement conditions, tire selection, rear wheel weights, rear ballast box or rear blade, type and depth of snow. Another option is to use a FEL with a blade attached to it (picture a truck snow plow mounted inside the FEL bucket). Then you have ask is all that not as good as a blower (front or rear).

But I'm jis' sayin'... ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-06-10          142833

Yup. What he said. But we are talking snow plowing in Texas. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-06-10          142837

Okay, I'll bite...is that like a Jamaican Bobsled Team? ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2007-06-11          142852

Maybe, kinda, sorta........

If he was plowing snow in up-state NY, Montana or Alaska I mighta thrown in a few proviso's.

But TX is not known for heavy sustained snowfalls that might overpower a small(60") blade. I know they can get wind-blown drifts there, but that is a problem that can be addressed with a FEL.

I suspect his snowfall patterns are similar to the high plains where I live and a proper plow on a 24 horse tractor works well here.

But I'm just sayin........ ....

View my Photos
kleinchris

2007-06-11          142882

Okay guys, here's the deal: I lived in Colorado for most of my life, and spent a bunch of time on top, and undernieth an 70's era, 20 HP tractor, mostly doing haying. About a year ago I moved to a new job in Texas and which came with a whole bunch of new equipment, one of which is a 27 HP JD. The 27 HP tractor has hydrostatic trans- which I had never used before- and after spending a little time on it, I started thinking it would do great in snow. Tight turning radius, 4X4, locking diff, However, no cab. But right about now the no cab thing isnt bothering me. So I am doing my time in Texas and have decided when I make back over Raton Pass, I will be towing my own tractor behind me. I'm looking at spending around $15000 for a 25 HP, hydro, 4X4, FEL, with commercial tires. (I realize I will need to spend a little more than that to get a plow on it.) 13 GPM hydraulic pump (for a wood splitter I plan on making) would also be nice, but it's not a must. I don't think JD is the manufactuer for me. (I have alot of there stuff, little problems with everything.) I'm considering Kabota, Kioti, and Yanmar. ....

View my Photos
mtnhome

2007-09-02          145279

If you're still in the market for a loader mounted blade, check out our website. We make blades and other attachments that fit 25-200hp tractors. Out blade is designed for dirt work, but also works in the snow. This way, you have something to use for the other 363 days of the year that it doesn't snow in Texas! Hope to hear from you soon! ....

Link:   Borgford Design & Manufacturing

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-09-02          145283

mtnhome:

This forum is not for free advertising. Contact DennisCTB for that and he'll take care of you. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2007-09-02          145288

... on the other hand, if a topic comes up often a vendor shouldn't tag onto every thread selling their goods. That probably would engender bad will and work against them. ....

View my Photos
mtnhome

2007-09-02          145304

Sorry for the confusion folks, but I am not a vendor for Borgford Design & Manufacturing. I'm not employed by them either. But I did quote some of their atributes from the brochure I received from one of his dealers. Obviousely, being new to the internet, this is not what you do. Through the past 14 years I have used several BoDozer attachments on a variety of tractors and heavy equipment. Are they good? Without a doubt, I wouldn't buy anything else. Over the years have I gotten to know Mr. Borgford through all my buisness transactions--yes. He has designed a few implements for me that have beeen a great help. I appologize if my wording offended some of you, but I have been using these products so long that I did sound like I took ownership. Am I familiar with his product line? Yes. Along with John Deere, kabota, New Holland, etc. Because I live around them.

Reading quite a few of these conversations sounded like many had questions about how to accomplish tasks on their land that I have delt with, and wondering what would be the best tool. They are asking questions from people who are not sure of the limits or capabilities of their equipment. I thought to put in my two cents worth. I am a strong beleiver to find the best tool that is able to multi-task. That way my land is not littered with attachments that only do one thing. There are many of us who have been working with a wide variety of tools for a long time. Just wanted to help out and save others from going through the trials and errors.

My business is my land and my family. I will be thoughtful of my wording for those of you are so leary. I also posted this to my other "thread"?. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-09-02          145306

No harm done :) Welcome (a)board (pun intended)!

I'm in business myself. From time to time we get actual advertisers hawking their wares and I wasn't sure if this was one them. And we get people who knowingly or otherwise who don't post their classified ad in the Classifieds here; it tends to muddle up things.

KW was right, like usual :) ....

View my Photos
mtnhome

2007-09-05          145407

Thank you. The more I look around, earthworks, you are a busy guy. Is this your site? It is fantastic what you can learn. Thanks again. ....

View my Photos
crunch

2007-09-06          145408

Mtnhome - Ha Ha. This is not EW's site. It is DennisCTB's work of love. However we are fortunate that we have EW here instead of roaming the bars wherever he hangs his hat! KT may also have something to say about this. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login