Go Bottom

Anyone using a curtis blade on a JD Qwicktach loader

View my Photos
Craig Dashner
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2001-02-08          24030

If anyone is using this setup, can you post or email pictures of it. I am building something and would like to see more detail than what is shown on the website. I have the basics down, but could use a little clarity. Thanks in advance if there are any takers!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Eben Morrow

2001-02-09          24070

Craig, I have a 7' snow blade that I got and setup for a JD1050. I traded a year ago for a 5310 and got a small mod on the JD bale spear frame to adapt it to the blade. The blade frame has a horizontal piece of angle iron to which 'tabs' with holes are welded on vertically at appropriate places to accomodate the bucket mounting pins. I had mine welded on so I can either center the blade or offset it to the right about 6 inches: | | | | | |. The holes in both sets of tabs line up. the right set are all the way to the right on the horizontal angle iron. With the 1050, the blade was a pain to mount and I only did it once as we had no snow. The frame on the bale spear is rectangular. The salesman and I came up with welding a 6" piece of 2X3 channel to the bottom of the frame with a hole near the top and spaced to match the tabs on the blade mounting. I remove the spear, connect the frame to the blade with 2 pins (each long enough to go thru all three tabs and lynch pin on each end). Then it is 30 seconds to connect to the 541 loader quick attach. I use a chain to a grabhook on the top of the frame to keep the blade mounting frame level at its working position. If you wish, I can get a pix this weekend. Hope this helps. E

View my Photos
Eben Morrow

2001-02-10          24079

Craig, I took a look this afternoon and I erred in the description: The tabs are welded to the back edge and point toward the tractor, not up. Also, the 6 bars are supposed to have a space between them.
E ....

View my Photos
Anthony M. Parente

2001-02-11          24096

Craig, I have a 7' power angle Curtis plow mounted on a 4700 Tractor with 460 loader. Curtis offers brackets which must welded to the plow frame. The two brackets duplicate dirt bucket part of the JD Quicktach system. The snow plow is connected to the loader arms using the same method as for the JD bucket. After the bottom pin s are installed, the hydraulic lines to the bucket curl cycliners are disconnected and replaced with the power angle cylinder hydraulic lines. This takes less than 5 minutes. What type of pictures do you want? I have the plow off at the moment so I can send you pictures of the Cyrtis Quicktach brackets.

Tony

Go Top

Share This

Member Login