Go Bottom

Studded Duo-grips work great

View my Photos
Bruce Pirger
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-01-12          34480

Hi All: Put the studded duo-grips on all four tires and plowed the driveway. I was riding on quite a bit of ice...we received about 8" of snow a week ago...its warmed and cooled a few times and I have been driving on it. Never felt a tire slip at all. There's a few spots I can't walk on...and drove right up through them. I'm looking forward to more snow now...I think perhaps I'm ready! Now, about that snowblower.....

Thanks all!

Bruce

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-01-13          34517

What are the studded duo-grips? I would like something for the front of my 2910 and there is no room for chains. ....

View my Photos
Bruce Pirger

2002-01-14          34563

Studded duo-grips are indeed chains. I bought these from www.tirechains.com They are the "v-bar duo-grips" they list. They are not cheap, but they do seem to work well on my ice. I have only limited experience...and will post more as it arrives. I paid $750 for all 4 tires (9.5-24 and 16.9-28), but, this way I will not need to replace underwear everytime I slide on the ice! Bruce ....

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-01-14          34576

Interesting analogy Bruce. ....

View my Photos
Jeff B

2002-01-14          34578

Sometimes when there's no grip, the front wheels will rotate in opposite directions causing the tractor to spin as it slides down the hill. Then the coveralls have to be replaced too. JeffB ....

View my Photos
Gannz

2002-11-02          44560

LOL. Thanks Jeff. Probably the funniest thing I've heard all day. ....

View my Photos
Peters

2002-11-03          44573

I am sorry my answer to the snow question is to move farther south. I have not made it to the gulf of Mexico yet but I am getting close.
It took me only one spin Jeff on my hill in Kentucky to make sure I kept the back blade down as I decended.
As for the dirt in the shorts, gentlemen, take my advice, pull down your shorts, before you slide on the ice. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2002-11-04          44591

I think it is easier to clean your shorts than a tractor seat.
The seat on my old patrol car had a small ridge pointing toward the steering wheel. A direct measurment of the "pucker factor" associated with some calls and driving conditions.
Experience has shown that sh*t flows downhill and into the smallest nooks and crannies. I didn't let my family sit in the back seat of any car I was issued.
I hit a moose once and it took two years before the car quit dropping moose turds on bumpy roads.
Yes Peters, it was a Ford.
But it was pooping out of the radiator and front grill.
Not sure what that means on the cosmic level. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login