Go Bottom

running a front mount blower

View my Photos
44trxfun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-15          71268

I've loooked in the archives to see if anyone's addressed this, but I didn't see anything. I have MF's 50" front-mount blower for their GC2300 (VERY similar to Kub's BX2200). I've seen folks suggest shortening the toplink to raise a 3PH blower a bit in order to avoid picking up gravel.

I'm wondering if it's OK to run a front-mount blower a bit off the ground (maybe a tad higher than the lowest setting of the skid shoes) to accomplish the same thing. I realize the 3PH is carrying the weight on the rear mount and that's obviously missing on the front mount. However, my sub-frame attachment seems pretty stout and if I'm moving slowly through snow, is it critical that the blower be supported on the ground? Can the short front PTO U-joint take this kind of treatment or is it really the limiting factor?

As always, thanks for your help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Wildman1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-12-16          71286

Never heard of a problem with that. Alot of folks do it on gravel including me with the 2210. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-12-16          71288

That should not be a problem to do that. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login