Go Bottom

Snow-way snow plow

View my Photos
Tom
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-01-11          789

Does any one have any experience with the Snow-Way, Truck mounted snow plow. The one I am interested in, only weighs 391 pounds and has down pressure, with power angle. I was quoted a mounted price without lights for $2495.00. Does that sound reasonable.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Snow-way snow plow

View my Photos
RWK in WI

1999-01-16          841

Aroung here in Wisconsin, Snow-way plows and considered to be a lihter duty unit than Wester, Snow Boss, or Myers. They are generally good for homeoner use but not for comercial or heavy duty use. As for price, check other brands or dealers. Would be considered high here but then we have several dealers and comptition is stiff.

Hope this helps. ....

Snow-way snow plow

View my Photos

1999-01-17          861

You might want to try SAMs or Walmart they both have SnoWay or Snow Wolf plows for around a $1,000

Snow-way snow plow

View my Photos
bob

1999-02-02          989

I own a snoway plow and find it an excellent piece of equipment. No lift chains to hassle with its lighter but as heavy duty as any plow I`ve used. I recommend it highly. ....

Snow-way snow plow

View my Photos
Mike Stevens

2002-09-03          41967

Please refer to the Sno-Way website www.snoway.com for more information about Sno-Way snow plows. The site will direct you to a dealer listing so you can shop around for pricing. You will not find Sno-Way at WalMart or Sam's Club. If you cannot find what you are looking for, contact Sno-Way customer service at 262.673.7200 - they will be more than happy to assist you. I am an employee of Sno-Way so I will not get into a discussion about the product since I will probably be a bit biased. Just two notes for you to consider: Sno-Way recently announced a 5 year warranty on all snow plows. All snowplows are built for commercail use. ....

Link:   Snow Way Site

Snow-way snow plow

View my Photos
TC29 in Wa.

2002-09-03          41976

I purchased an 8'Sno Way shortly after they were introduced. Used it commercially for three years, and found it to be an incredibly good plow. The only problem that I had was the clear lexan became scratched
(road sand) after two seasons and the headlights would not shine through it properly. Finally bought the light kit and was satisfied ....

Snow-way snow plow

View my Photos
tele

2003-03-16          51281

have had a snow-way on two trucks now. currently on a f-150 and i couldn't be happier. easy on, easy off, light enough not to hurt the truck and pushes mounds of smow without problem. the down pressure is a major plus for back dragging. gets right down to the pavement on one sweep. i don't plow commercially but i've had other plows and this is definitly the best one yet. ....

Snow-way snow plow

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-16          51295

I purchased my "Blizzard" 8' plow early last summer. I was able to buy it for just a bit more $$ than what you are talking due to the fact the dealer had three in stock and the snow was long gone (what we had of it last year). This is an extremely heavy duty plow with most of the same features I saw on the snow-way website. I like the fact both brands have eliminated the chain to carry the plow, I have had them snap upon hitting a pothole and sail the chain over the top of the vehicle into the road behind me. The Blizzard does not have down pressure as an option that I am aware of but the blade is HEAVY DUTY, back-blading is easy. I know several people around here that have them including the restaurant at the end of the road. He plows a dirt parking lot with it and runs a 1/2 ton short box pickup. I like the enclosed motor and relays that sit on the plow frame, I have owned several other brands and sooner or later water enters those grill mounted units and causes problems (you usually find it after the first good freeze/snow because everything is frozen and nothing works (and I did change the oil in them every year). ....

Snow-way snow plow

View my Photos
ilovecatd2

2003-10-06          65674

I wouldn't buy a light duty plow, it will cost you in the end. The mounting brackets have to be bolted onto the frame. But usally don't use the stock holes, so you have to drill more, which weakens the frame. The plows are no well build at all, you probly have to have some part reweld. If you get a plow spend the money. Get a boss plow they are self mounting, you just drive up, plug it in, flip the mount switch and the plow does the rest no lifting needed. To remove just do the same in reverse and pull the mount pins. I have one on the truck for my landscape business. I will get two more plows for the new dump truck that are coming. Boss plows are the way to go, don't go cheap, it will cost you later ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login