Go Bottom

Snow plows or Blowers

View my Photos
Jim Grady
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-18          80341

I'm wondering if I can put a plow or snow blower on the front of a farmpro tractor. It's a 20 hp with a rear pto, I currently don't have a frontend loader but I may get one soon.
Thanks Jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Snow plows or Blowers

View my Photos
TomG

2004-03-19          80380

Generally if a tractor has a loader then a plow blade can be rigged up--it is good to have hydraulic angling though. There's quite a bit of discussion about doing it in the archives.

For a front blower generally a mid-pto is needed. Rear to front conversions are expensive and reduce ground clearance. Most blowers intended for front mount work from different rpm's than rear blowers. There also may be shaft connection and direction of rotation issues. ....

Snow plows or Blowers

View my Photos
bluetay

2004-03-22          80784

Jim : If you don't have live PTO my recommendation is go for the plow. I tried a snow blower on a B1750 Kubota DT and spent a lot of time replacing shear bolts and pins every time I changed gears etc. one would break. ....

Snow plows or Blowers

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-25          81135

any thing can be done if you not afraid to spend the $$ though it is rellitvly easy to put a blade on a fel you simply pin it on un hook your dump circut hook up your lift chain and plug in your angle circut ....

Snow plows or Blowers

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-25          81136

also if you have aux. hydo. you can plug in to them and keep your dump hooked up ....

Snow plows or Blowers

View my Photos
JAZAK5

2004-03-29          81519

I have a 60 inch ERSKINE front mounted snow blower and love it. For a jd 790/ deere could learn something one this one !!!!!
It did very well,I used the hydraulic cylinders for the lift and rotate off of the fel circuit and the optional deflector kit ie electric servo.
This unit is a frame mount and is driven off your rear pto through a transfer case to the front at 540 rpm.
I only popped a shear pin when I sent a chunk of ice the size of a bowling ball 30 some odd feet !!!!!!! ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login