Go Bottom

What ot do with Engine Coolant antifreeze

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-20          111310

I have to admit that for years I have sorta neglected changing coolant on my cars letting them go for up to seven years before selling the car. I also founde in years gone by that when I changed it somehow the system seemed to get mucked up perhaps due to the water that was added to the coolant.

Anyway, I am thinking of keeping my Tundra longer and think maybe I should clean up act and change the coolant. But I used just let it go down the drain, not acceptable practice today, got a dog poisonous. Hard to be so neat with that stuff on the drive.

What do you guys do if you change your coolant, how do you dispose of it?

I was planning on draining as much as can, then skip the flushing, then just fill with a 50 50 mix of distilled water and coolant, any issues? This was the only way I thought I could contain the chemicals and not introduce any of my well water issues to the system.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kskwash
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-21          111314

Most autopart stores will recycle your used anitfreeze. Also, Tractor Supply Store will recycle up to 5 gallons at a time of oil, antifreeze, ect. at a time. ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-22          111371

Toyota use a red colored antifreeze. It is non-toxic but you should still take it to a recycler. It also has special lubricating properties for the water pump so you might want to get they same stuff and not the green stuff. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login