Go Bottom

Trying to Decide Which Backhoe for my L3838

View my Photos
fla_vickers
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-02-04          139530

I'm trying to get some opinions about which is the best BH for my L3830 w/LA723 FEL. The BH's that I'm looking at are:

* Kubota BH-90
* Woods BH-90X
* Bushhog BH850
* Bradco 509
* Rhino 85

I plan to use a sub-frame mount due to the issues I've been told of regarding 3-Pt mounts. I'm also looking at using the tractors existing hydraulics and not installing a seperate PTO pump. If you've priced any of these then I would like to know what you were quoted as well.

I'm leaning toward the Woods right now.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Trying to Decide Which Backhoe for my L3838

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-02-04          139538

I'd lean towards the Kubota as they also designed the tractor and would know what the limitations of the chassis are. Less problems all the way around for an owner as Kubota has been building tractor subframes that don't hinder the ground clearence for years with some of the best performance.
If it was a Kubota with the factory cab where their backhoe won't go on and with the additional setback of the woods frame then there is not much choice. I like the backhoes tight to the tractor chassis and then you have a stronger frame with less leverage to break the tractor.
The subframes that extend below the tractor often hinder quick change of belly mounted implements as mounts need to be exchanged often making it a real chore to change for repeditive yard duties.
You might be suprised as years ago(in the 80's) a popular 85 horsepower farm tractor didn't have as large if a hydraulic system as the 3830 and then the pto pumps were needed but today they are not as strong as Kubota puts in the tractor ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login