Go Bottom

l w 6 cylinder not work

View my Photos
circlediron
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-11-13          181186

I own an L W-6 backhoe. Everything works well until the hydraulic fluid gets hot at which time one cylinder becomes very slow and will barely pick up the boom. Is it the fluid getting hot or the cylinder leaking passed the packing?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

l w 6 cylinder not work

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-11-14          181194

Might be both. Since it doesn't happen right away, the cylinder seals might be marginal until the fluid thins out, then starts to bypass. You can get cylinder rebuild kits at most Chinese tractor dealers, and most of them have an online presence. Second, if you're still using the original Chinese fluid, it's crap. Flush it out of the whole system, and replace it with hydraulic fluid appropriate to your working conditions.

//greg// ....

l w 6 cylinder not work

View my Photos
circlediron

2011-11-14          181197

how do you suggest to flush old fluid from unit? What type fluid do you suggest?

Thanks verry much. ....

l w 6 cylinder not work

View my Photos
hardwood

2011-11-14          181200

It's all but impossible to get a 100% fluid change, there is always some left in hoses and cylinders, etc.
It would be possible to get more old fluid out by disconnecting hoses from cylinders and letting gravity take out what will run or maybe by using a bit of air pressure to help push the old stuff out. How ever you would do some of these things you will never get 100%, and I guarantee you will be an oily mess before you are done.
Just drain the reservoir according to your owners manual, change the filter or filters and refill.
Frank. ....

l w 6 cylinder not work

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-11-14          181201

Whereas the previous advice is well-intentioned, it doesn't take into consideration how new Chinese equipment is shipped. At the factory they're filled with whatever the cheapest used fluids available when they're pushed out the door. I've seen what should have been hydraulic fluid ooze green slimy stuff. Clearly it was water-laden, might even have been WVO. Ethical US dealers flush & fill with new as part of the dealer prep. Self-importers should do the same before first use. If you've been using the hoe with the original fluid, it likely led to the current issue

//greg// ....

l w 6 cylinder not work

View my Photos
greg_g

2011-11-14          181206

Whereas the previous advice is well-intentioned, it doesn't take into consideration how new Chinese equipment is shipped. At the factory they're filled with whatever the cheapest used fluids available when they're pushed out the door. I've seen what should have been hydraulic fluid ooze green slimy stuff. Clearly it was water-laden, might even have been WVO. Ethical US dealers flush & fill with new as part of the dealer prep. Self-importers should do the same before first use. If you've been using the hoe with the original fluid, it likely led to the current issue

And I mean a GOOD flush. Water and slime left behind will just recontaminate the fresh fluid. I drain out all the old crap, then refill with kerosene. Overfill to get the hard-to-get stuff. Run the tractor and exercise the hoe on kerosene. Drain thru screen or cheesecloth if it looks like more flushing is called for. Once clean, you can remove the QD hose ends and drain them as well.

As far as what to refill it with, I need to know where you live.

//greg//

l w 6 cylinder not work

View my Photos
circlediron

2011-11-14          181215

I live in Mississippi. What type hyd fluid you suggest? ....

l w 6 cylinder not work

View my Photos
greg_g

2011-11-14          181218

I'd saw AW46 should work just fine there. It's approximately a 20W equivalent. I used AW32 up here in western KY, cuz AW46 got just a little thick come winter.

//greg// ....

l w 6 cylinder not work

View my Photos
circlediron

2011-11-15          181224

Thank you very much.

circlediron in mississippi ....

Go Top

Share This