Go Bottom

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
operator
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-01-12          47414

Do not get a kelly backhoe for the subcompacts -- I have one - power ok {but} stabilisers stick out about a foot on either side this defeats the purpose of a subcompact machine you now need almost 6 feet of side clearsnce -- what
happens after operating it a while it is easy to forget the
stabilisers stick out and start hitting things -- I called
kelly and faxed them photos of my problem and they dident seem interested - I talked to a so called engineer but they
dident seeminterested - If i had it to do over i wouldent have bought a kelly

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
marklugo
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-13          47425

The purpose of stabilizers is to stabilze. It sounds like the backhoe is perfornming as it should. The only problem is Operator Error. Stabilizers do extend past the tractors track to provide saftey and prevent turnover. There are some European hoes that use a diiferent system of stabilizers, but they usually change them for the American market. Mind you, that they would suffer the same consequence when you left them down and tried to move the tractor as well. ....

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-01-13          47429

Operator: I understand your point. Thanks for bringing it up. That would certainly negate a lot of compact tractor advantages.
Since the BX series is nearly 48 inches wide this problem would apply to most small tractors on the market, including the Deere 4100 series, most of the Boomer's, and all of the smaller Kubota's up to the 2910 in size.
I think the Kioti 1914 is 48 inches wide also and certainly Kioti's newest model would be affected.
You have to surf pretty high up the compact tractor line to find a model with a six foot wide rear end. ....

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
TomG

2003-01-13          47437

I guess the problem is that the stabilizers stick out wider then the rear tires when the stabilizers are up. I'm not sure I'd see that exactly as a problem and the same is true for various implements. For example, most people want blades wider than their tire tracks and adjust for the extra width when maneuvering.

Maybe another way of looking at it is asking if a smaller hoe might be better for the tractor both in terms of load placed on the tractor and for tight maneuvering. I could look, but I'm not sure how much higher the stabilizers could be raised on my B600 given the design of the frame, foot rests etc.

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
Art White

2003-01-13          47449

I just wouldn't do it. Even if you were to put steel in as subframes like on the BX22 the style of rear mount is different and it might last longer. The BX2200 is a hot selling tractor and your resale or trade value should but you into a good poaition to have a fool proof unit. ....

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
madcow

2003-06-11          57349

I thought you could not put a backhoe on a BX2200?? ....

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
PhilipC

2003-06-11          57353

My local dealer just informed me that there was now a backhoe available for the BX2200 but he was not sure what Kubota had to say about it as far as the warantee is concerned. Anyone know? ....

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-06-11          57363

As far as I know there have been small aftermarket 3 point hitch backhoes available for any small tractor for several years.

The question has always been this: If the manufacturer says the machine will not take the stresses of a backhoe, do you want to take a chance on breaking your tractor?

You can slap a trailer hitch on any car but a great many cars are not built to tow a trailer. Same thing with backhoes and compact tractors. ....

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
homedad5acre

2003-06-11          57369

I didn't know that the BX2200 could handle a hoe either. Live and learn. ....

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-06-11          57378

operator -
On my Woods 650 backhoe, older brother to the now GroundsBreaker 6500 from Woods, the stabilizers have the ability to flip over 180 degrees for transport in the upright position. By flipping the pads, one achieves a width of no more than 48 inches wide.

Doesn't the Kelly brand allow one to flip the pads for transport widths?

Willie H. ....

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
EJK

2003-08-30          62935

I just bought the BX22. When I researched it, I came up with the same findings previously mentioned here. The bx 2200 really is not designed to handle the stress of a hoe and definitely agree that your trade in value would probably put you into a BX 22 (much stroger reinforced frame)for close to the same money. The difference would probably be well worth it. Don't take the chance of stressing or breaking your 2200. ....

backhoe for bx2200

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-09-04          63234

My B-2150 with 13.6 X 16 turfs has rear tire outside sidewall edge to edge of 58 +/- inches. Track tread imprint is less. My Prairie Dog Backhoe, an exact copy of a Wood's 7500, with the stabilizers up do not extend past the track of the rear wheels at the inside attachment point of the stabilizer's hydraulic cylinder. I bet a 2710 and a 2910 with turfs or r4s have a bigger spread than 48 inches. Heck, My bucket is 54 inches wide. IF you miss an obstacle with the bucket, how do you hit the backhoe's stabilizer??? I have never had a problem hitting anything with the backhoe with the stabilzers in the up position flipped pads or not. Not even a close call. If the pads are wider than 58 it makes no difference because the pad feet are nearly 4-5 feet off the ground. You got to work hard to hit something on the pads nearly 5 feet off the ground. Looking at the PD's specs it says 60.6 inches wide with stabilizers in the UP position. I bet that is measured at the top of the pad with the pad flipped in the "street" position. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login