Go Bottom

which backhoe for JD 670

View my Photos
Russ Sage
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-02-16          49342

I was wondering if anyone has experience fitting a backhoe onto a 1989 JD 670 4WD. I'm looking for any possible make or model that will work off of the 3 point. It has turf tires mounted, will this make a difference?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

which backhoe for JD 670

View my Photos
TomG

2003-02-17          49382

I've been using a Kelley B600 on my Ford 1710 for occasional light-duty use over the past 4+ years. At 3,000 lbs. inc. loader and 24 pto hp, the 1710 is a bigger tractor and maybe a smaller hoe for the 670 would be more appropriate. Hydraulic flow is a consideration and many hoes will work slowly if run from pumps around 6 gpm. I think my Ford gives 6.9 gpm after flow from the power steering is taken. The speed is OK but it does take awhile to lift full buckets out of deep trenches.

There is a bunch of reading in the archives about the risks of damage to tractors from backhoes and 3ph hoes in particular that would be good to read if you haven't already done so. I assume the 670 has a loader, which is considered a requirement for backhoe use by many people.

which backhoe for JD 670

View my Photos
Roy Jackson

2003-02-22          49779

The Deere #7 'hoe is the one designed for the 670. As long as you don't have unrealistic expectations of your machine...you should be OK with a 'hoe.
I've tried two smaller machines (a 750 and a 755, both with #7 'hoes) with backhoes...just to see how well they worked. Better then trenching with a shovel, but if I had any serious work to do, I'd rent a backhoe (about $250 or so for a day) then buy one. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login