Go Bottom

Woods 7500 subrfame hydraulics

View my Photos
Jsheds
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-08          50783

I'm almost sold on a Woods 7500 backhoe for my 1510 Ford. The only 2 things I'm concerned about are the subframe and hydrulics. Will the frame fit my tractor with the ROPS & 3-point in place? The Kubota I looked at was a prety tight squeeze for the subframe on the rear. My Ford manual says that I have a 6.6 GPM flow rate on my hydraulics, but my 770B loader moves awful slow. Does this tractor really have enough hydraulic capacity for a backhoe without using the PTO pump? If anyone has a backhoe with subframe on a 1510 or 1710, I'd like to see some pictures if possible.

Thanks,
Jim

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
TomG

2003-03-09          50803

It's a little hard to say about the compatibility of a sub-frame and tractor. I think that really should be up to the manufacturer and dealer who sell it to figure out. There's less of a chance of getting a definite answer if it's a used item in a private sale, but still Woods should be able to say what tractors their hoes will fit on.

I think a 1510 and my 1710 have the same hydraulic pump. My Kelley B600 runs OK from tractor hydraulics. I guess the lift could be a little faster, but it's acceptable. There should be minimum flow recommendations available for the hoe.

There is an ROPS issue aside from the sub-frame mounting. Some tractors require a higher ROPS than is standard for backhoe use. My 1710 has quite a tall ROPS so I wouldn't anticipate a problem but the issue might be checked out. My hoe is a 3ph type. The seat is further from the tractor than a sub-frame type , so ROPS height isn't much of an issue for me anyway.

View my Photos
jeff r
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-11          50935

Jim,
You need to call Woods to see if they make a subframe for your model tractor. Subframes are made specifically to fit the tractor. I will bet any amount of money you have to remove the 3 point lower arms but that is done easily and quickly. I have a Kubota B-2150 with a new Woods 1006 FEL and a new 7.5 foot Prairie Dog Backhoe which is a much improved Bulgarian manufactured COPY of the Woood's 7500 Backhoe with an 1/8 inch thicker dipperstick and boom steel PLUS DUAL swing cylinders and NOT a single cylinder chain swing. The Wood's subframe I bought integrated completely with my WOOD's 1006 FEL loader. The Praire Dog Backhoe weighs 1,057 pounds without bucket, has American hydraulic hose fittings, has a PTO pump option, and blows away Wood's hydraulic specifications with a $2000.00 cheaper pricetag. Being an engineer, the guy that redesigned and improved the already solid Wood's 7500 backhoe and got it manufactured in Bulgaria for a tremendous cost advantage, has one heck of a backhoe. The guy orders 30 at a time in containerized ocean shipped freight and can't order them fast enough to keep up with demand. Be prepared to pay 375 to 400 dollars for the Wood's subframe for your tractor to fit the 7500 backhoe, but it is well made and worth every penny. If you are still open to looking at one heck of a well made backhoe and you like the Wood's 7500, give the guy a call at 810-694-5314. He will send you the sales and specification sheet, plus if he hasn't a dealer nearby you you can buy directly from him since he is the manufacturer. ....

View my Photos
Jsheds

2003-03-11          50941

I sent an e-mail to woods and within a few hours had the manuals for both the subframe and 7500 hoe. The subframe mounts to the 2 lower arm pivot pins and a small bracket near the mid mount loader bracket. The frame is a little pricey (about $615) but for a tractor this size, I wouldn't run it without one. I might check out the prarie dog, anyone else have any experience with it?
Jim ....

View my Photos
jeff r
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-11          50954

Jim
Betcha that subframe price is a Wood's suggested retail. A Wood's dealer would sell it much cheaper, I am guessing. ....

View my Photos
Jsheds

2003-03-11          50963

Unfortunately for me, that is a price from a Woods dealer (Local Kubota dealer). I actually have prices from 2 dealers on the subframe, and they're only a few dollars apart.

I found 2 prarie dog 7.5 ft backhoes at another dealer near here, I may have to go take a look. Will the prarie dog fit the Woods sub-frame? ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-03-11          50990

Jsheds,

Sure it will fit. A Wood's subframe made for a Wood's 7500/6500 backhoe will fit a Praire Dog 7.5 Backhoe perfectly. The 7.5 Prairie Dog is an exact copy of a Wood's 7500 except for the differences I told you about. The 4 or 6 big bolts which hold the Praire Dog Backhoe to its standard 3 point mount are removed along with the massive 3 point mount and the Wood's subframe is bolted directly on the Praire Dog backhoe. When you disconnect the backhoe from the tractor the subframe STAYS connected to the backhoe. Call that phone number I gave you and talk to the yard foreman who was just at my house last night looking at my orange paint job, my seat modification, and my subframe mount on my Kubota B-2150. I am telling everyone, I looked at every compact tractor backhoe on the market. Koykker, Wood's, Kelly, Bradco, BushHog, Marzelli(sp) Amerquip. You name it, I checked and spec'd it out. This Prairie Dog 7.5 is the BEST backhoe made for WAY less money than the others. I am not compensated to push this backhoe and if I had any complaints about my "DOG Digger" it would be the 4 hydraulic hose fittings that leaked and the poorly designed seat bracket when used with subframe. The seat will work great if you use just the 3 point mount but if you use the subframe you will have to rework the seat bracket height and angle, but it's no big deal. As with any subframe mounted backhoe, you will have to raise you standard ROPS bar approx 13 inches higher. Lastly, I repainted my "DOG" because I couldn't stand that canary yellow paint color.I have the Caproni geared PTO hydraulic pump option on my "DOG DIGGER" and the tractor works it just peachy keen at 1800 rpm without radical boom jerking when swinging but with plenty of power to the dipperstick. I have a 12 inch bucket and a 18 inch bucket. The 12 inch bucket has 1.5 cubic foot capacity and the 18 has a touch over 2 cubic foot. I have never used the 18 bucket but the price was so good I couldn't turn it down. I think by the weekend I will have to move my backoe in the garage since it is disconnected from the tractor right now in favor of a rear blade for snow, having a digital camera I will take some pixes for you.

View my Photos
Jsheds

2003-03-15          51192

If I decide not to get the PTO pump and use the tractor hydraulics, how do I plumb them into a 1510 with a 770B loader? Is there a kit to set up remote hydraulics in addition to the loader hydraulics? I havne't seen anything in the parts maual for that purpose, but I havne't got the loader manual yet.

Jim ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-03-15          51205

That would be an option and handy for attaching other hydraulic implements needing rear wet lines, but if you never forsee a need for wet lines in the rear of the tractor and you don't know if you can install those wet lines yourself ( a dealer may charge you up to 1000 bucks to do it) the 400-600 dollar option for a backhoe PTO pump is the way to go. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-03-16          51241

I have a 3-spool valve for my loader. The 3rd spool feeds a valve controlled rear outlet, which is very handy since most of my implements need one. When I use my hoe I feed it from the rear outlet and bungee cord the valve open. Sort of a haywire arrangement but it works. I do have to make sure I know which rear line gets pressure because connecting a hoe backwards can do a bunch of damage.

If you already have a two-spool valve assembly and are interested in a valve controlled rear outlet, you might be able to purchase a single control valve section and add it to the valve assembly. It's possible with quite a few after-market products, but it's less likely for valves for use with joy stick linkages.

A more common solution is to run the loader valve PB line to the hoe inlet port and the hoe output back to the PB return line. This type of plumbing was discussed here under titles similar to 'JD Power Beyond Kit.' A few special hydraulic lines with quick-connect fittings (or something more secure) have to be made up and that's about it. However, an extra short line does have to be made up to connect the PB line back together when the hoe isn't mounted. I think the JD kit uses different connectors on the lines so the hoe can't be connected backwards.

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-03-16          51243

I remember that post Tom, but I thought is would only serve to confuse Jsheds. That is the way I would do it if I didn't already have a PTO pump on my backhoe. I may do it anyway just to have wet lines to the rear. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login