Go Bottom

Kelly B750 3pth backhoe

View my Photos
Walt20
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-26          51939

I have a Kelly 3pth backhoe with a pto pump. Has anyone every puchased the power beyond option for this unit? Is it worth the $90 Price. Does it give you any more power? Doe it work with the pump that is supplied.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kelly B750 3pth backhoe

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-26          51948

The usual meaning of 'power beyond' is an application in an open centered system where there is more than one valve assembly in the high-pressure line (virtually all compact tractors have open centered hydraulics). The upstream valve has to have power beyond capability to protect it against high pressures that result in the line ahead of a down stream valve when it is operated.

The power beyond kit most likely just allows another hydraulic device to be connected to the return line of the hoe. The kit wouldn't change operation of the hoe and wouldn't increase power.

A common place for power-beyond valve assemblies is loader valves that are commonly installed ahead of the 3ph. In most pto pump applications where only one device is powered power-beyond isn't needed because the return oil goes directly from the valve's return port to the pump's oil reservoir.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login