Go Bottom

Backhoe for 2910

View my Photos
cutter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-18          59732

I am again in the situation of needing a backhoe.I have 400' of trench to dig and numerous stumps left from the ice storm damage to contend with. The local rental agency gets $205 per day for a mini excavator and a bit less for a small backhoe/loader. That works out to about $500 for my needs this time, including trailer rental. Since there are always jobs around here for which I could use that type of implement, I was wondering what the cost might be to purchase one for my Kubota. I have been looking around for a used machine, best I have found so far is a 70's era Ford, open cab with loader and hoe at a cost of $7500. A couple of years ago I passed up a newer model J/D with full cab that had been reconditioned (painted) for the same money. I believe it was a former municipality unit that had been purchased at auction or on a bid and was being resold for a profit. I still may go that direction, depending upon the cost of the implement for my machine and the ease of removal/installation as well as the compatibility with my 72" belly deck frame.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Backhoe for 2910

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-18          59750

I had the opportunity to watch two hoe installations in the last couple of weeks. I saw a 6.5 ft Kubota hoe going on a B7500 and an Ameriquip 6.5 footer going on a B7800.

The reason the B7800 guy went with the aftermarket product is that Kubota, at least on the Left Coast, is flat out of all compact tractors and attachments.

There were no design differences between the two models. Both used the same attachment mechanisms and if anything, the Ameriquip hoe appeared to be heavier and structurally stronger.

The point being that if the Kubota hoe does not interfere with a mower than I can't see where the Ameriquip product would either.

I do like the idea of having fewer engines to maintain, especially when the costs between a much used, used machine and a new backhoe attachment are so close in price.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login