Go Bottom

New Baby size Kubota Woods backhoe

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-23          64637

I heard that either Kubota or Woods was going to introduce a smaller Backhoe attachment, for some of the smaller CUT models, such as what Kubota had mated up, back in the seventies and eighties. Anybody hear anything besides me, and as to what their intro. dates along with specs. will be. I can only imagine that "they" would have modelled one after the smaller styles, such as that of the BX units, but cannot say for sure.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-09-23          64645

Willie, I haven't heard but I would wonder why. They already have the BX series which is one of the greatest machines introduced this century. To build a universal unit would be sticking the neck out so to speak as far as reliability. I'm scheduled in to see the new Bota's on the seventh thru the ninth so when I get back I'll have all the good info for you.

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-09-24          64788

Art -

I appreciate whatever you could find out. I was looking at a used hunk-o-junk on a B8200, I think it was a BF300 (?)if that sounds right. I was interested in just the hoe, and was promptly told by the dealer that either Orange or Woods was due out with this "new" baby size hoe. Go figure...I am with you, it would be like reinventing the wheel at this point in time, but...crazier things have been known to happen. Looking forward to your findings.

- Willie H. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-10-14          66269

Art -

How did you make out with the Kubota expo that you mentioned a while back. Still curious about this potential "new" backhoe...more so whether it really does exist. Thanks -

Willie H. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-15          66271

No Willie, Kubota didn't offer any new mini hoe's. I think that if we were to take shots at it I'd be looking at the Woods or Bush hog to introduce something for that size. Two weeks ago I had the fun of digging out for a new basement entrance, what a riot, 150 year old house, part of the wall caved in while digging it out. It did cost a little more to fix but got me out to use some digging equipment for some useful fun. ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-10-15          66286

Thanks Art for your input. I was somewhat skeptical when I heard of this "new" hoe myself, as you pointed out it would be basically be reinventing the wheel. I think they just did not want to break up the package, and sell me a new system. Thanks

Willie H. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2003-10-15          66317

Willie, with the four point system they are using on the new Kubota tlb's it's tough for the competition to keep up with them for performance. ....

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-10-16          66366

Willie, how small are you looking for? There is a guy in the Pacific NW making a 4 1/2 foot three point hoe, but I am having trouble finding his web address. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-02          67786

Woods does have a new hoe coming out for the bx ,last time i talked to andrewg/woodsonline said unit is under development ,and would be out in jan 04. had my dealer call for info and said target price is around $5500.0 ....

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-11-04          67990

Hey guys...

Sorry I have not responded - been away - alot! My original posting was out of mere curiosity rather than actual need, as I have a small hoe now, Woods650. It just happened that a dealer (orange) told me this and I became curious.

Mark, I would still be interested to realize the name of the company out in the P.NW that you mentioned. Anytime that a quality piece is available, it is at least good reference material.

unit5alive, AHA ! So, the dealer was correct in so far as he went (telling me that he thought it was either orange or woods - leaning to orange). I appreciate the update. At $5500, not much savings over a Groundsbreaker 6500 today.Hmmm, I guess we'll have to wait and see what actually comes out. Thanks again

- Willie H. ....

View my Photos
jeff r

2003-11-05          68050

You are right Willie H. A target price 5500 for a Woods backhoe smaller than the 6500 is not much. Maybe they think this backhoe will have sales potential for tractors that weren't designed for the 6500. Whatever Woods is thinking doesn't make much sense to me since the market for that backhoe is so small and specialized. I wonder if they can make any money after all their start-up and design costs? ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login