Go Bottom

Kubota backhoe

View my Photos
MEY
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-10-10          65958

I own a Kubota B2410. Just got a Kubota 4672a hoe for it. Dealer said it required subframe kit. It showed up with what is called a limiter kit. Was expecting full subframe. Is this substantial enough ?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Kubota backhoe

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-11          66016

I'm not sure of the exact name but it could be just interpetations but with the loader you don't need to mcuh to secure. You dfinitly do not need a full subframe nor is there one available. Why would you want to lower your grond clearence that much if you don't have to! ....

Kubota backhoe

View my Photos
WillieH
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-10-14          66268

MEY -
What I have noticed as of late, is that many Kubotas that are being sold new today, are being sold as "package units", that is to say, that they come with a FEL, midmount mower, as well as potentially a backhoe, (excluding the smaller lines - bx units). When this is the scenario, the entire package can be sold and/or installed without the full subframe mount for the hoe, which would otherwise limit/forbid the mounting of the MMM. In these scenarios, Kubota came out with these "limiting" kits, that consist of a tubular bar weldment, that mounts over the 3pt lift arms upto the hoe frame. The principle is there as to a limiter of travel so the lift arms cannot move or twist, thereby locking the hoe to the tractor as it would be with the full subframe. I questioned this practice some time back myself as I contacted Kubota outright, after I was told some years ago, that they would not stand behind the tractor UNLESS it had a subframe installed. Today, well, they have a different outlook apparently.

I believe many of us if not most, have encountered dealers that desire to become involved with the potential buyer, so as to truly realize what the customers application is, and will explain the various options at hand for a better understanding to the consumer - however, some just want the sale and have an attitude, "what ever we can sell..."

You did not say whether your B2410 was fitted for residential use or commercial use, or, whether it came with an MMM or not. If it did, perhaps this was the rationale that your dealer used.

The primary concerns without the subframe, are 1) never load both the hoe as well as the FEL at the same time, possibly splitting the tractor in two, and 2)always keep the check chains and buckles tight on the 3pt lift assembly, to remove the chance of a frame twist taking place on the 3pt assembly.

Willie H. ....

Kubota backhoe

View my Photos
MEY

2003-10-15          66320

Thanks for your reply Willie H.! I purchased my tractor new in April of 2002 with FEL and 3pt 6ft. finish mower. Just added new 6ft hoe from same dealer in August, set up for residential use. Only have about 6 hrs on it.(the hoe)305 on the tractor. You seem pretty familiar with the limiter kit. Only once have I been able to get the check chains tight. Can't tighten them after hoe is on because check chain turnbuckles practically ride on limiter tube. Guess I need to try to tighten them before pinning lower links & toplink....more experimenting! I'm getting quicker at installing hoe, after figuring out a way to keep lower links apart when backing into hoe. It's a little tricky due to close tolerances especially at top link. I'm familiar with feathering, as I operate full size equipment at work, but thanks for the concern! Mark ....

Kubota backhoe

View my Photos
WillieH

2003-10-15          66330

Mark -

I have seen several of these newer style limiting setups...primarily on B7500 units. I personally, use a 650 Woods Backhoe with a 3pt hook-up, that I have had since the late 1980's. So long as the check chains / turnbuckles are kept TIGHT, the hoe framing offers little ability to twist in the cavity of the tractor mounts. As Art mentioned earlier, the tractor is strengthened by the subframe of the FEL, of which anchors to and extends,from the tractor's nose frame, to mid frame, to rear frame, and is mounted to several different areas besides. Even for heavy residential use, this set-up has proven to be very strong and long lasting.
From what you have described, you have considerable experience with larger toys as well. Keep it tight, and you should not have any problems.

- Willie H. ....

Kubota backhoe

View my Photos
MEY

2003-10-16          66382

Willie H.-Thanks for the positive reinforcement! I'm feeling better about the set-up I have. I don't expect it to act like the big stuff......but it beats the heck out of a wheelbarrow & shovel!!! Looking at your pictures I'd say you like to play as much as I do. Mark

2 ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login