Go Bottom

3 point backhoe on b2910

View my Photos
geo199
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-19          86401

i'm sure this has been discussed before but i'm new to the tractor scene so sorry...but
i have a kubota b2910 and want to buy a backhoe, the dealer has a barely used 7' unit thats 3 point mounting type for a decent price, i'll be doing some light trenching and some stump pulling.
should i buy this one and save some money or go for the new frame mount unit and why?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3 point backhoe on b2910

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-19          86406

I don't own a hoe for my 7800, but can't imagine fealing comfortable hanging one from the three point. I believe the extra money would be worth it to have the hoe properly supported with frame struts. Busting up the rear case would be very expensive. ....

3 point backhoe on b2910

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-20          86445

Kubota sells a backhoe with a modified three point hook-up.

It uses a rigid 1 inch thick slab of steel as a backbone in place of the top link on the 3 point hitch.

If the B/H you are looking at is a Kubota hoe or it uses the same design, you should be OK. ....

3 point backhoe on b2910

View my Photos
Art White

2004-05-30          87253

the subframe units really cut the ground clearance down on the tractor quite abit. With the hoe pivot for the boom being so low and the pivot so far to the rear it also hinders on trucking the units or putting them on trailers. The Kubota designed hoe was built for that tractor and we have never had any problems with them. ....

3 point backhoe on b2910

View my Photos
drcjv.

2004-05-30          87267

I have a TC33 with a subframe mount hoe I have never had a problem putting it on or off trailer. If I need to do something that requires ground clearance I simply take the hoe off. It takes less than 5 minutes. In light of the recent thread on the broken tractor I would not even consider a 3pt hoe. I bought a Rhino Hoe which is the same as the oem NH hoe for about $1800.00. I'm sure you could do the same I know rhino does not make the Kubota hoe but I'm sure they make a hoe and frame to fit your tractor. Just another option good luck. ....

3 point backhoe on b2910

View my Photos
a69reddog

2004-05-30          87270

3pt will work fine, as long as your doing light to med. digging. I have a Kelley 30 in good condition if you are interrested.

3 point backhoe on b2910

View my Photos
kiwidog2

2004-06-14          88538

I also have a B2910 and a kubota 4590 backhoe.
It is a 3 pt mount with pto pump and works great!
I dont think kubota makes a frame mount for this model but I could be mistaken.

I do reccomend getting a reinforced mount for where the pins attach the center arm mount to the back of the tractor.

Ive done trenching,installed culverts,dug a few small ponds,demolished old sheds and pulled a few stumps too with no problem.

3 point backhoe on b2910

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-06-15          88561

The point I was trying to make earlier is that Kubota engineers the hoe to the machine it is listed for. Kubota backhoes replace the top link with a huge slab of steel.

If you are not using a swiveling top link you do not have a true three point backhoe, and that is a good thing. ....

3 point backhoe on b2910

View my Photos
RAO

2004-07-03          89960

I have a b2910 with a 4690 bh it is a three point and i have dug up a few sewers in michigan hard clay and have had no problems ....

3 point backhoe on b2910

View my Photos
russell

2004-07-17          91162

Hi I am looking for a 3 pt backhoe. What are you looking to get for it and were are you located? thanks Russ ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login