Go Bottom

possible hyd leak

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-15          100357

I noticed a small (old/not puddled) spot under the three steel hyd lines that run under the floor boards. I run my fingers under all three lines and one of them had a very small amount of fluid on the bottom of it. I did not have time to further look into this. Is the best case scenerio just a coupler that may be loose? Anyone here know of anything else I should look for this weekend? I would bet it is just that but will not have access to the computer this weekend and thought I would pre-ask for info now. It looks to me like after I stopped running it the last time (when it was warm/hot) it was seeping the fluid but it definatly had stopped right away after stopping the engine.
Does the pressure drop in the system after leaving it off for awhile? It looks like that or maybe when it was hot it flowed easier? Dont really know just asking your opinions?
Thanks Tom

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

possible hyd leak

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-15          100360

I've seen the same thing on the FEL hard lines under the floor of my BX. There seem to be some compression fittings which "leak" a little. I've been a little afraid to tighten them.

I to would like to see resopnce from someone more "in the know" than me. ....

possible hyd leak

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-15          100362

I believe that my lines are from the fell also they are the hard ones. I was going to email my dealer since they may have seen this a 100 times but thought this was just as easy and just as good a place to ask. Some one has seen this before I am sure its not too uncommon. I have 30 hours or so on it. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login