Go Bottom

Where are TC33D Glow Plug Relays

View my Photos
Leonard_I
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-12-21          121501

Hi guys,
Does anyone know where they hide the glow plug relays on a TC33D and how to change them ?
Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-21          121503

They are behind the cowling under the steering wheel. Behind the half that does not have the key in it. Very simple to change just like changing a fuse. ....

View my Photos
Leonard_I

2005-12-21          121505

Thanks much - that's where I was going to try tommorrow. I was plowing snow when the glow plug light came on and stayed on. Figured it had to be a relay and thought I'd replace power and timer relays both. It was several minutes before I could get back to the barn and shut down - hope it didn't damage the glow plugs. ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-12-21          121506

That is a connon problem with them. I am sure they will be fine. ....

View my Photos
Leonard_I

2005-12-22          121575

For what it's worth - I bought a new glow plug timer (control unit) and power relay today. Swapped out the old ones and everything seems OK now - thank goodness. Looks like all the relays are under the right (looking forward) lower cowl. Wasn't hard to work on except the loader made things less than convenient. The dealer said the timer was probably all that needed to be replaced but the power relay was just $13 so I thought good time while I'm in there. They also showed a third glow plug light relay that was a mystery and I didn't replace it. This is the fourth winter I've had the tractor - bought it new and have 500 hours with this being the first time I've had to wrench on it other than normal service. Thanks again for your advice. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login