Go Bottom

TRACTOR WEIGHTS

View my Photos
skipll
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-08          179718

First I know this is posted in the wrong place---but I could'nt post where I wanted-----Sooooooooooooooooo
I need some weight on the front of my tractor---the front end is too light when grading up hill. I thought bout making my own weight with concrete---150 lbs.----the problem is even though it will be bolted on I can no longer lift 150lbs..
My question is for what reason would I take it off----can the weight stay on all the time?

Also is there any posts about tractor weights on here?

THANKS

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

TRACTOR WEIGHTS

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-08-08          179719

As good a place to post as any.

Most tractors (including the one in your photo) have a front frame from which you can hang metal weights made for there. When not needed you might want to remove some or all for steering ease (unless you have PS) and a smidge less strain on the front end. And if you ever install a front loader you won't need them. ....

TRACTOR WEIGHTS

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-08-09          179730

Build you a mount for a 25 gallon sprayer tank. Fill with water when needed or drain when need to remove. Then you have sprayer handy. Just don't push with it or leave water in there for your winter. :)
Do agree the weights make a difference. However another option that I have used, wrap chain on there. I have the three weights on mine but have used a chain for just a little more help working on slope.
Of course you could make a system where there concrete weight slips over the mount and just build a stand to set it on and use hyd jack to lift and lower for removal and installation. At same time you do have a excavator, now I see busted hood on the tractor if not careful. ....

TRACTOR WEIGHTS

View my Photos
skipll

2011-08-10          179745

Will consider your idea bout mounting a 25 gal. sprayer tank---sounds good--I will look into that---cost etc..
I notice you said you have 3 weights on your tractor---I wonder if they are suite case weights?
My local dealer ( well not local 1 1/2 hrs. from me )--he has suite case weights that fit my Kubota B2320--$92 for 55 lbs.. As I don't have much extra time to fabricate stuff this would be the easiest for me though the cost ( high) would be bout $300 for 265 lbs. the max that can be added without buying the frame ( $150 )that will hold 5 weights.
Thaks KT for reply ....

TRACTOR WEIGHTS

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-08-10          179751

Skip they are the Kubota suitcase weights. No suitcase weight expert but look around, they don't have to fit a bolt pattern or such and you might find some. Check Craig's list and ebay even. Have heard of people using regular body building weights. Not sure on how they mounted them. Have never looked at but suspect the weights on my B and M model Kubotas would fit each others mount. The M model is like 75 or so pounds and much taller.

You may want to check with scrap yard even. They are not items that will be damaged easy at all. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login