Go Bottom

Hydraulic Connection

View my Photos
FredO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-25          51875

I had a severe hydraulic fluid leak at the point where one of the loader lines enters my Kubota. When I took it apart the O-ring was torn. I replaced the O-ring and things worked fine for about an hour. It began leaking again and I found that this O-ring was slightly gooved. Is there a trick to installing these rings or did I just get a bad one. I've spilled a lot of oil with the first two leaks and would like to get it right next time.

Thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Hydraulic Connection

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-03-26          51897

There's not much of a trick that I know of. Some connections do take square shouldered o-rings and generic round types don't work for very long. ....

Hydraulic Connection

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-03-26          51909

Two points here, as Tom touched on, be sure you have the correct O-ring in there, secondly, don't just replace something and assume everything will be OK.

You should always work on the basis that something failed because there was something wrong, this especially true in your case, there is nothing that SHOULD cause an O-ring to be torn in a normal situation. It could just be it was incorrectly installed in the first place and only failed now because the load applied to it exceeded it's holding power, but it could be soemthing more. Check into it a little bit, don't be afraid to question things.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login