Go Bottom

Specs for Cat 1 3 point

View my Photos
cooleydd
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-31          56066

I just took delivery of a Gearmore L135 rototiller. The hitch for the lower 3 point arms are much closer together than any of the other 3 point implements. Is there a standard for distance so that they are all the same and I don't have to adjust back and forth. What is the standard in inches.

The brackets are adjustable on the Gearmore so that is no problem as long as I know what the standard is. In addition they can be offset right ot left. Which way should I offset - I normally make left turns around a field.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Specs for Cat 1 3 point

View my Photos
TomG

2003-05-31          56072

3ph standards really refer to pin sizes. On tractors, distances between the lower link arms are similar and so are the arm links but there are variations. The distances between lower link mounts do vary quite a bit on different implements and re-adjustment of sway chains or bars is common.

There's no problem as long as the link arms on the tractor can be spread or narrowed enough to get the pins in and the hitch can operate without binding. However, with some tractors and implements, spreading the arms wider does bring the implement closer to the tractor and can result in an implement rubbing a rear tire in turns--especially with loose sway chains although usually you don't want them too tight either.

Offsets usually are used to get close to an obstruction like a fence. Offsets also are used when the tiller isn't as wide as the rear tire tracks so the tractor isn't driving over tilled ground. If the tiller is narrower than the tire tracks, offset is set so the tiller covers one track. You'd likely work a field inside out so that the uncovered track ends up on the outside of the field. Going lengthwise and turning around at the ends of rows would require the offset to be changed each row.

Specs for Cat 1 3 point

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-31          56076

Here are the published numbers,

Hitch Category 0, Top Link 5/8", Lower Link 5/8", Lift Arm Spread 20"

Hitch Category 1, Top Link 3/4", Lower Link 7/8", Lift Arm Spread 26", Vertical Height 18"

Hitch Category 2, Top Link 1", Lower Link 1-1/8", Lift Arm Spread 32", Vertical Height 24" ....

Specs for Cat 1 3 point

View my Photos
TomG

2003-06-01          56128

BX 3ph's are sometimes called 'CAT I Narrow' because they don't spread that wide. I'm not sure how much variation there might be in different tractors, but the pin sizes should be the same for anything called CAT I.

However, the spread isn't too big an issue since most implement manufactures don't put their lower link mounts at max width anyway. Some people have solved the few width problems mentioned on BX's by reversing the lower link pins on implements that have replaceable pins. That would mount relatively wide implements on fairly narrow bases though.

Specs for Cat 1 3 point

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-06-01          56140

While it is true that the spread on the BX's is not as wide as some other Cat 1 hitches, they spread wide enough to accept my rear blade which has a 29" span. ....

Specs for Cat 1 3 point

View my Photos
stevenc

2003-07-26          60165

HI,,on some especially on the K BX you will turn the pins to the inside,,simply un-bolt the hook-up pin and turn it to the inside,,this should solve your problem,,that is what I had to do on my (now traded,BX2200)hope this is helpful ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login