Go Bottom

JD 2210 front end loader hydraulics

View my Photos
Joe Caezza
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-30          81526

The two hoses from the loader to the tractor lift ports will not connect. No trouble connecting the two hoses that are from the loader bucket cylinders to the tractor ports. I have repeatedly tried to remove the fluid pressure by rotating the multifunction lever in all directions. What else could I do?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
b8fish

2004-03-30          81528

Any chance there is extra pressure in the hoses themselves? You could try connecting to the "wrong" points just to release pressure. Also, you could try to relieve all the pressure with tractor off, and then try to connect. Assuming (I know I shouldn't) that everything is clean etc., I have had times when working in brush piles that branches have slid the coupler open on me, and gotten very small pieces of bark in there that cause such a problem. Hopefully a real expert will give a better answer! ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-03-30          81538

I've sat the bucket down and relieved line pressures by operating all valves in both directions and they still wouldn't reconnect easily. Relieving the bucket pressure after the lift can cause let the bucket down, which pressurizes the lift lines again. Now when I do it I put the lift in float and then relieve the bucket and finally the lift again. Even if all lines were relieved and disconnected on a cool day they may not connect easily on a hot day or in the sun.

My loader lines have male ball end quick-connects. The solution usually is to wrap a rag around the ball end and push it against a tire. For worse cases I've had to whack a piece of 2x4 held across the ball end. To relieve female connects a soft punch is needed to depress the ball. I'd take care to not damage the connector, and I've had to relieve especially stubborn by loosening the fittings. A more expensive solution is to replace ordinary quick-connects with types that connect under pressure. ....

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-30          81540

Sometimes repeating the obvious is important. If you try to relieve the pressure in the lines manually, make sure you protect yourself from any escaping fluid. Hydraulic fluid under pressure can penetrate the skin and cause severe infection.

If I understand your situation, you have pressure trapped in the loader cylinders. Try lifting or jacking the front of the loader frame to relieve the pressure. You won't have to move much to relieve the pressure. Rolling the bucket may lower the arms enough to relieve it. It is safer to find a way to relieve the trapped pressure by relieving the load than to release it at the couplings. Without the tractor running, move the joystick in every direction, this will relieve any pressure trapped on the tractor side. It sounds like you have pressure trapped on the loader side.

If all else fails, you may need to try to relieve at the couplings. Wear safety goggles, gloves, and stay clear of any fluid that may squirt out. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2004-03-30          81589

My read on the problem was that the lines are disconnected and can't be reconnected. If that's true then operating the valves won't do anything for pressure in the disconnected lines but should head off future problems. Yes, lifting the bucket can relieve line pressure but it's good to get one connected first because lifting can relieve pressure on one line but pressurize the other. I forgot to mention the safety stuff and it's always good to get a reminder. Usually it's just messy but it can be dangerous at higher pressures. ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login