Go Bottom

JD 455 Front End Loader

View my Photos
Dan Maletich
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-04          82142

The lever can't be pulled back to raise the arms. The bucket tilts, and the fluid level is OK. Almost felt like a click as if it went to far however it was working fine all day.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD 455 Front End Loader

View my Photos
TomG
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-05          82177

It's good use the reply feature to keep discussions in one thread so people like me with CRS syndrome don't have to work so much to recall the question and what they said.

I'm guessing that it's the loader valve lever and that it can be pulled back but the loader doesn't lift. I wonder if there is a relief valve squeal sound when the lever is held back for a few seconds?

If the loader hoses connect to the valve with quick-connects swapping the lift and bucket hoses might be good. If the lift then works and the curl doesn't the problem almost certainly is in the loader valve. There can be some problems disconnecting and reconnecting quick-connects if you haven't done it before. There's how-to discussion in the archives. The quick-connects themselves could prevent lift but it didn't sound like that was the problem from the original description.

If you're looking at the loader valve, you might notice that there is a short cylinders sticking out of the valve body behind each valve. If one of these cylinders is longer than the other it would be a float feature and that valve should be on the bucket rather than the lift circuit. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top

Share This

Member Login