Go Bottom

new holland ford tractor

View my Photos
Paul Wine
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-06-16          88713

My 3 cylinder diesel New Holland Ford Tractor will not start. I need glow plugs and fuel injectors. Does anyone know where I can get these at a reasonable price.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

new holland ford tractor

View my Photos
Anonymous

2004-09-24          97148

Don't laugh but I went through the same thing. New Glowplugs battery.

Turned out that I left the the in gear on the steering wheel, forgot to put it in neutral because it felt like it was in neutral.

Good Luck, make sure its not in gear. ....

new holland ford tractor

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-09-24          97153

Paul, unless you or someone conclusively verified this; I seriously doubt that all the glow plugs and fuel injectors are bad.

First off, we could use a LOT more information about the symptoms you are encountering, such as will the engine turn over? If so, are you getting white smoke? Have your verified all of the safety switches and interlocks for proper function? Good fuel? Good fuel filter?

Start with the basics making sure you have a good battery and connections and work your way up. ....

new holland ford tractor

View my Photos
TomG

2004-09-24          97170

I think injectors and glow plugs are fairly generic. If you need new ones I'd take the parts to a good diesel shop. I believe there's a fair chance they could identify them and come up with commonly available equivalents. ....

new holland ford tractor

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-09-25          97186

Seems the chances of both the injectors and the glow plugs all being bad is rather slim. Without telling us more it's pretty hard to say that something else more simple and lots less expensive might not be your culprit. Glow plugs or injectors never seem to all go bad at the same time. With proper fuel storage and filter maintenence injectors hardly ever are a problem anymore. I've had farm tractor engines with 6-8000 hours that I've traded in and never replaced an injector. The glow plugs from the "First Crop", 1960's era were a pain, but the "New Crop" glow plugs of today seldom cause problems. Your problem could be as simple as corroded battery trminals or a cloged fuel filter, check those and other less expensive cures first. Best of luck. Frank. P. S. Fall harvest has gotten into high gears for me, so you're likely to get a rest from my constant yammer for a couple months. Frank. ....

new holland ford tractor

View my Photos
COUNTRYSS

2004-09-25          97212

Paul,
A model number would help but like the others said you mite want to check some easy things.
what color is smoke ?
Is that battery termials clean & battery charged?
fuel systems does not have moisture?
Pto switch is off ? fuel shut of solniod is working?
We are a Kubota Engine Dealer We also work on alot of these type of equipment . The list above are our most common when someone has your problem ,a weak battery will not roll engine fast enough, but will make you think its Good . Another things If you have ran it out of fuel before this you could have a loose part on you fuel system ,which is very common. like the guys said there is very little chance that all of this happend at the same time .
SCottt

Go Top

Share This

Member Login