Go Bottom

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
sprobst
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-11-29          101224

Has anyone used pallet forks for picking up brush and logs? It seems like it might work. Some brush will obviously fall through (which can be picked up by the bucket later).

Obviously, a grapple rake or 4in1 bucket would be the ultimate tool but I was thinking that a pallet fork would be a good cost effective alternative. Thoughts?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
AV8R
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-29          101225

It works really well. It acts like a giant pitch fork. ....

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
dsg
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-11-29          101227

Forks do work well for brush and Logs, It is helpful if the brush is piled up first. They work very well moving logs, see my Pic#9 I moved all of those three times with the forks. First time loading them on the trailer for transport, second time unloading to that spot and third was loading them onto the sawmill, Got almost 8800 BF of dimensional lumber.

David ....

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
Garycorn

2004-11-29          101231

Forks work very well for brush, esp. with a grapple. See my pics. 1-7.In May last spring a tornado wiped out an entire town in our county and passed 1 mile from my home. I had severe straight winds and lost several trees and limbs.I used my 2210 with homemade forks and grapple to clean up. I was amazed at how much it could do. I do a lot of limb clean up so I had the dealer install 2 extra hydraulic outlets, one front and one rear. $700. It is SO NICE to have Hyd. top link and Grapple. ....

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
earthwrks

2004-11-29          101277

Forks work well. You get more bang for the buck if you put some rectangular tubing over the forks and extend them a few more feet. Also if you can add more forks to the carrier the better. Around here south of Detroit, local junk yards sell used forks for $75 a pair. New ones through Northern Tools.com sell them for about $400 plus shipping. I have forks on my NH skidloader and use them for removing concrete slabs. ....

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
BrendonN

2004-11-30          101284

I have used my father-in-law's IH 706 and loader to move large piles of cedar branches with good success. He has a round bale fork (two tines, 5' long, about 3' spacing) that attaches to the loader. The trick is to stack the branches with the limbs straight, not every which way. By starting with a few larger ones at the bottom, very large piles can be moved at once. ....

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
tractorjoe3

2004-12-05          101654

Yes and fould these about 6 months ago....best purchase I've made in a long time.....its multi-functional. For a old man like me it really save the back. ....

Link:   EZ-PALLET FORK SYSTEM

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
WillieH

2004-12-07          101811

sprobst -
I had a customer once that discarded a pair of forks. I modified a hook-up on the loader bars, and used them for about fifteen years so far - as Tony the Tiger says... "THEY"RE GRRRREAT!"

One thing that makes them more effective is once you have a brush pile accumulated. is to roll the pile abit before picking it up. By doing so, it compresses the pile and has a tendency to tie itself up a bit so minimal loss will occur when it actually gets picked off the ground.

Log carrying as well as old butt ends of telephone poles are made REAL easy to carry as well! I carried and set about 350 butt ends of 15" poles for my fence with them. My back would not have held up; Post hole digger on the 3pt, and the forks on the bucket frame.
-Willie H. ....

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
jdgreg

2005-09-26          116960

I've recently moved several brush piles around to the burn pile, using forks I made and an ATI bucket grapple. The forks were 2 3' pieces of 2"x4"x3/16" steel bolted to the inside of the bucket with 2 x 2/8" bolts each. I welded a piece of 2"x2" square tubing in the end to make a point. This combo worked great, and I was able to grab several large felled trees with no problems. ....

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-26          116972

test ....

Pallet Forks for brush

View my Photos
Chief

2005-09-26          116974

Payne makes a set of Logger's Forks that attach to most standard FEL buckets. Not sure if this is what you had in mind. For some reason the system rejects the link to Paynes Forks so here is the link:

http://www.paynesforks.com/loggerforkkit.htm ....

Go Top

Share This

Member Login